Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 09:06 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,549,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
naaaaaaah. Ain’t no rum in it. That sh** is dry raisin
Dulce de leche
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 10:26 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,895,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Dulce de leche
naaaaaah way too caramelly. 😆 Tastes like them ol school 5 cent caramel candies

Old 07-15-2018, 11:30 AM

15,864 posts, read 14,487,406 times
A lot depends on where you are. In the village, I like Cones, on Bleeker near Morton.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:56 AM

37,156 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Anyone try Morgenstern’s? Most ice cream is too sweet for me, but I heard good things about this place.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:52 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,298,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream
152 W 10th St (at Waverly Pl) , village

East side store 48 E 7th
I buy Van Leeuwen from Whole Foods... Absolutely decadent... It's hard to pick, but I think the vanilla ice cream is just addictive. I keep eating and before I know it the entire pint is gone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
While technically gelato, GROM is the best.

Ample Hills is good if you're into insanely rich and diabetic-coma inducing ice cream
GROM is ok. I think it's overrated, especially if you've had gelato in Italy. I had a big gelato from the Upper West Side location when I used to work up there and I wasn't impressed. I may have to give it another try.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:17 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
While technically gelato, GROM is the best.

Ample Hills is good if you're into insanely rich and diabetic-coma inducing ice cream
what about il laboratorio del gelato, 188 Ludlow ?

Old 07-16-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
what about il laboratorio del gelato, 188 Ludlow ?
I've heard of that place. My understanding is that there are a lot of good gelato places in the Village or the LES. I believe some of my Italian friends have frequented that place.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:46 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,771,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I buy Van Leeuwen from Whole Foods... Absolutely decadent... It's hard to pick, but I think the vanilla ice cream is just addictive. I keep eating and before I know it the entire pint is gone!!

That's precisely why I stay away from ice cream. I can easily become so fat just eating ice cream. I don't know what part of the brain eating ice cream triggers but whatever it is, it's addictive.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
That's precisely why I stay away from ice cream. I can easily become so fat just eating ice cream. I don't know what part of the brain eating ice cream triggers but whatever it is, it's addictive.
My usual motto is to only buy ice cream when it is on sale. Van Leeuwen is something like $7-8 a pint at Whole Foods, and I haven't had any of that brand in some time. It is rarely on sale there and when it is the cheapest I've seen it is maybe $5 tops. What I buy regularly when on sale is Häagen-Dazs, and only the GMO free flavors like vanilla, coffee, strawberry and vanilla bean. They are supposed to be making all of their flavors GMO free, but they are taking forever to do so. I miss butter pecan and cookies and cream and pistachio, but I don't want corn syrup in my ice cream. I actually had the vegan version of pistachio from Van Leeuwen. I think I got it by mistake... A $9-10 mistake... The prices seem to vary depending upon the flavor. It wasn't terrible, but not something I'd spend that kind of money for again.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:50 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,817,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I had some green tea ice cream in Chinatown and it was everything, I wish I could remember the location
was it this?
https://www.yelp.com/biz/soft-swerve-new-york-2

personally my favorite is milk and cereal bar by a long shot.
they basically fuse cereal with ice cream and then add toppings
i always go Captain crunch + reeses crumble
Milk and Cream Cereal Bar

Big Gay is good too but falls apart a mess

and Milk Bar (momofuku) is complete garbage but I'll have it sometime too, the crunch topping has some weird crack in it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: