Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 04:36 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,251,946 times

Advertisements

Just like there are pretty boy thugs, lol, there's also more cleaned up hipsters, or ones who dress a little crazyer, or do all kinds of flock of seagulls type mess on their hair. They come in all kinds of assorted colors and flavors. lol.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:58 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,141,966 times
What?? Seagull mess on their HAIR?? Can't wait to see that one.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:28 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,338,020 times
nothing wrong with hipsters, or yuppies, but if keep growing in numbers, and take over all of manhattan let alone NYC than that IS A PROBLEM

are there hipster gangs, like how there are ethnic gangs like the Trinitarios, do the hipsters have one

Old 05-20-2008, 11:46 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,920,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
nothing wrong with hipsters, or yuppies, but if keep growing in numbers, and take over all of manhattan let alone NYC than that IS A PROBLEM

are there hipster gangs, like how there are ethnic gangs like the Trinitarios, do the hipsters have one
Yeah they do, I was robbed at gunpoint the other night by a group of them while getting off the L train.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:15 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,004,908 times
Doom are you telling me you were robbed by Hipsters on the L train? Clearly this is sarcasm...its funny though. I suppose they gotta pay for their art brushes somehow.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:20 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,920,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Doom are you telling me you were robbed by Hipsters on the L train? Clearly this is sarcasm...its funny though. I suppose they gotta pay for their art brushes somehow.
I was being sarcastic [of course]. I walked through Williamsburg all the time and sometimes even I feel that I can bully around the hipsters if I wanted to, so I thought the thing about hipsters forming "gangs" was pretty funny.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:26 AM

Well overall they see pretty harmless....and at the end of the day..I would rather be surrounded by Hipsters than the losers/thug/gangsta-wannabe's that infest many areas in this city. But its unpopular to dislike the "real" NYs....but I have yet to understand what makes these people more real than anyone else. Shunning school makes you real? Ignoring mainstream society's values and acceptable behavior makes you real? Living a lifestyle compromised of ignorance, poor behavior, and intolerance makes you real? Being poor, being a person of color, makes you real? Struggling to pay your rent, take care of your kids/family, because you made poor decisions in your life, or otherwise chose to go down the wrong road makes you real?

The only thing real to me are those that care and respect themselves and their community, no matter who they are, where they come from, how much money they make, or how much education they have. That's real.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:53 AM

Beat it dude...this is not a place to advertise sweatshop products from china and India.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:44 AM

110 posts, read 347,349 times
Guywithacause this is for you.

First of all, Native New Yorkers, upstaters and downstaters are the ones that give New York it's character. You believe that because someone is wearing baggy jeans, doo-rags and likes to go to the bodega that he/she deserves to get priced out of thier own neighborhood and be looked down upon by these non-New York ass yuppies and hipsters.

Hell NO!!!! As for your seemingly discriminate comments about how black people dress, that does not equate us to being criminals and in any case that is what the police are for, so until you sign up for being one of New Yorks Finest, you don't know for a fact exactly who's who on the street unless you are in the street, which I can see that you are not.

Me personally I hate yuppies and hipsters, hearing them talk on the train with there country ass accents, they ain't even fron New York!!! My thing with then is that because of them, hard working, native New Yorkers aren being forced from there own hoods and being replaced by these same people.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:17 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,044,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Yeah they do, I was robbed at gunpoint the other night by a group of them while getting off the L train.

A bunch of kids wearing Yo La Tengo t-shirts and vintage jeans robbed you at gunpoint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City