Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 09:08 AM

110 posts, read 347,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MottHavenGuy View Post
Bronx-Chester...you seem very confused about real life. The fact remains...it is not "your" neighborhood anymore than it was the neighborhood of those that were living there before you when your group moved in. The fact is NOBODY owns the neighborhood, and in this country we are free to move whenever, whereever we want. Your misplaced anger towards hipsters is nothing more than the latest hate on a group. I take it you are some anglo who has been living here for 500 years? If not, then you, or your family, at one time, were an outsider that entered an already established community that did not "belong" to you...yet you were able to move in and live your life. Why can't others do the same? Because now it is inconvenient for you? And it is all about you huh? It's "your" neighborhood after all. Your hate filled rampage of misplaced anger is typical of many small minded "native" NYers who spend no time outside of their block.

You seem confused about alot of things even my race!!! LOL!!!

I'm Jamaican/Indian/Native American/African-American first and foremost.

I'm also confused as to when I said I owned ANY neighborhood? I don't recall saying that. Quote me saying such then respond with more sense.

I don't like the fact that these hipsters and yuppies in particular are moving into outer borough neighborhoods, leaving landlords thinking "hey these guys have money, let me raise the rent just for you" leaving the prior tenants who are already struggling to make ends meet with these options, none of them too desirable:

Get a high paying job that most likely you won't get if you are a minority living in the "hood" (oh yeah by the way, I know about this firsthand as me and my family were in the same boat living in the Bronx)

Or move to a more affordable, but less desirable place, something I also know about firsthand, as my family moved to Upstate to escape the constant rising rents.

This is something, that judging from your post to me you knew nothing about which is funny because you live in the South Bronx.

Oh by the way unless you ask and I tell you you know NOTHING about me and my family so don't ever comment on that again

Old 09-04-2008, 09:28 AM

I don't hate anyone. I'm not even mad anymore. Initially when my family had to move I was angry though, but hey, in the end that's life

Old 09-04-2008, 09:32 AM

Rochester, hence the Rochester part of my name. It's a nice place. Have you been up here before???

Oh yeah I apoligize for coming off as an jerk earlier. Pople who know me tell me I can get nasty and I need to work on that

Last edited by Viralmd; 09-04-2008 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language

Old 09-04-2008, 09:38 AM

Rochester winters have nothing on Buffalo winters!!!

Snow blows in your face 24/7 there. It is colder than NYC noticeably though. At least 15-20n degrees colder on average, so usually we are around 20-30 degrees.

Not much to do and as I said in another thread I created no trains so transportation sucks. Just slow buses, which are only $1.00.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:45 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,788,575 times
Quote:
I'm Jamaican/Indian/Native American/African-American first and foremost.
You list a total of four. Which is first and foremost?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:01 AM

All of them first and foremost! LOL!!!

I do happen to have more Jamaican in me than any other heritage as my mother is full blooded Jamaican with a little British and Barabian in her.

My father was more mixed. His mom is Indian and African-American. His father is Cherokee Native American from both parents, but my paternal grandpa's father was part African-American and British

I am alot of things just like everyone else!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 03:13 PM

353 posts, read 1,262,138 times
This is ironic. On a blog I read, there was a Friday question about why hipsters are hated so much. (It's a DC blog, but it's talking about hipsters in general.)

Prince Of Petworth » Blog Archive » Friday Question of the Day

Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 PM

42 posts, read 181,517 times
Default I Miss The Diversity

We used to have a mixed neighborhood before it was over run with Hipsters and Yuppies.Now there are fewer working class people in our neighborhood(LES)There is only a handful of us rent regulated tenants in our bulding,and if we complain about our noisy yuppie neighbors upstairs we are told we should move.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:06 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,810,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franny47 View Post
We used to have a mixed neighborhood before it was over run with Hipsters and Yuppies.Now there are fewer working class people in our neighborhood(LES)There is only a handful of us rent regulated tenants in our bulding,and if we complain about our noisy yuppie neighbors upstairs we are told we should move.
That's surprising cause according to the numbers LES is more diverse than its ever been and still has a very strong hispanic population... The black population has moved out somewhat but the area is still around 75% Hispanic/Black about 5% asian and 20% white... You must live closer to the East Village border around Ave A...

Over there, that area is pretty much like Park Slope is now...

Old 04-12-2012, 10:07 PM

42 posts, read 181,517 times
There is still racial diversity,but most of the minorities that I encounter are yuppies and hipsters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City