Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 08:38 AM

14,057 posts, read 13,953,593 times

Advertisements

House music has drawn hipsters to Williamsburg but residents are not happy with the noise.

“Hip jet-setters are flocking to a trendy Williamsburg hotel for poolside parties and rooftop romance, but neighbors wish they’d shut up and check out.”

“The luxury hotel, where rooms go for up to $860 per night, doles out pool passes to non-guests for $85 on weekends and $55 on weekdays, causing the number of revelers to boom in the summer, neighbors say”

https://nypost.com/2018/08/12/hard-p...sidents-crazy/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 10:34 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,492,443 times
Yuppies vs hipsters

Old 08-12-2018, 10:57 AM

1,486 posts, read 990,709 times
Quote:
“I’ve lost tenants because they couldn’t handle all the noise,” fumed the landlord of a nearby apartment building, who wished to be unnamed. “One time it was so horribly loud I put a speaker in the window facing the pool and blasted the Sex Pistols to drown it out.”
Yea that's the way to do it. Fight noise with more noise. lmao!!

Old 08-12-2018, 12:03 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,405,223 times
It's because of aholes that complain about noise that caused all the NYC clubs to shut down. If you don't like the noise move the eff out. Go rent in quite neighborhood where they don't have bars and clubs. Let the music play!

Old 08-12-2018, 12:07 PM

14,057 posts, read 13,953,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
It's because of aholes that complain about noise that caused all the NYC clubs to shut down. If you don't like the noise move the eff out. Go rent in quite neighborhood where they don't have bars and clubs. Let the music play!
Only Miami and Vegas is only party playground Austin, TX a bit

Old 08-12-2018, 12:53 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,242,166 times
Hahaha this is what people in the hood deal with all the time. At least I'm smart enough to pick a cheaper neighborhood and deal with it versus breaking my neck to pay my rent and still deal with it.

I lived in many Manhattan neighborhoods in my past and when they are big commercial areas you know noise is gonna happen. If you don't your just dumb and really have no business here. When its more of a residential neighborhood and you constantly deal with noise, then I get it, go ahead and complain.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:59 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Reped. I agree here. I have been to all three cities. Vegas and Miami are indeed party ground cities.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:52 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,232,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
NYC is also not a sleepy town either. NYC was known as the city that never sleeps when Miami was still a swamp and Vegas a tumbleweed desert.

The anti-everything NIMBYs are against everything that makes a city a city (lights, sounds, people, stores, restaurants, bars, clubs, cars, etc.) but constantly move to the hippest and liveliest neighborhoods. It wasn't that long ago that Greenwich Village was full of bars and clubs but they moved in, then complained about the noise and drunken bar patrons and now it is sterile and dead.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:11 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,492,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
NYC is also not a sleepy town either. NYC was known as the city that never sleeps when Miami was still a swamp and Vegas a tumbleweed desert.

The anti-everything NIMBYs are against everything that makes a city a city (lights, sounds, people, stores, restaurants, bars, clubs, cars, etc.) but constantly move to the hippest and liveliest neighborhoods. It wasn't that long ago that Greenwich Village was full of bars and clubs but they moved in, then complained about the noise and drunken bar patrons and now it is sterile and dead.
GV still has a ton of bars

Old 08-12-2018, 03:14 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

Irony is many of those complaining are middle aged to older white gays who have gone all establishment or whatever. This especially as "inclusion" and "equality" gave them marriage and children.

At no end of local meetings against bars, clubs or whatever these gays are front and center going on about "quality of life" and or "how will it impact the children". Meanwhile back in the day they themselves got up to all sorts.

Boots and Saddle fought no end of battles trying to find a new space on Seventh Avenue largely due to objections from community board and or various tenants/residents. When you read their comments, between the lines and or outright it came down to the main clientele and whatever; drag shows/trannies.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...topher-street/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City