Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 08:29 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,325,834 times

Advertisements

I rather go to PDQ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 09:50 AM

30,663 posts, read 18,282,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
Eh, the stores may not be open to customers on Sunday but employees are still on the clock restocking and cleaning.
Really?

Every time I've made the mistake and driven up close and personal next to a Chick-fil-a on a Sunday, it has been clearly empty (all lights off, no cars in parking lot, etc.). Do you now this from firsthand experience, or are you just making an assumption based on how other chains are run?

Old 12-23-2018, 09:52 AM

30,663 posts, read 18,282,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
What? How dare you speak so negatively about In-N-Out burgers. Their double double done animal styles is delicious. I suggest that you give them another try when you are out there. They make everything fresh and nothing is frozen. I'm getting hungry just thinking about one of their delicious burgers.
I don't know if I can. I wanted to like the burgers, too, given how much hype had surrounded them from my California-native friends.

But they are cheap, so I may give another try if I happen upon one again!

Old 12-23-2018, 12:05 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,325,834 times
There is also Sticky's. Market is flooded.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:53 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,738,706 times
Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree. The quality of their chicken is much better than McDonalds, KFC, Burger King and even Popeye's. Their grilled chicken sandwich is a nice thick piece of juicy breast and so are their nuggets. When you bite into a piece of nugget it's an actual piece of breast meat, while McDonalds and the rest are scraps. I would compare them to in-n-out burgers. They are the best fast food chicken of the bunch.
They have great chicken sandwiches and nuggets but stay away from the 10-slider pack deal - DISGUSTING!!! Also the chicken wrap is very bland and not worth eating. Their salads are A+ and they have a trade secret ice crushing machine that makes extremely fine mixtures to make awesome frozen lemonades and seasonal frozen drinks and that stuff they call "Ice Dream". Waffle fries are also very good but for some reason they seem to go much faster than stick fires and leave you wanting more

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You had me until you started to praise in-n-out burgers I, for the life of me, do not see what is so special about them. In fact, I found them to be rather plain. Most of my non-California native friends say the same thing.
In-n-out has some of the highest levels of trans fats in their stuff in the large chain fast food restaurant industry

Old 12-23-2018, 02:17 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,610,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
They have great chicken sandwiches and nuggets but stay away from the 10-slider pack deal - DISGUSTING!!! Also the chicken wrap is very bland and not worth eating. Their salads are A+ and they have a trade secret ice crushing machine that makes extremely fine mixtures to make awesome frozen lemonades and seasonal frozen drinks and that stuff they call "Ice Dream". Waffle fries are also very good but for some reason they seem to go much faster than stick fires and leave you wanting more

In-n-out has some of the highest levels of trans fats in their stuff in the large chain fast food restaurant industry
Who is eating In and Out with health in mind?

Old 12-23-2018, 07:31 PM

16,139 posts, read 6,881,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Oh boy. Well in NYC, I've seen nothing but Latino and Black workers... No White workers... How's that for discrimination?

ooooooooooooooooooooooh..................someone just got their eyes poked.....L.O.L.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:35 PM

16,139 posts, read 6,881,763 times
Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree. The quality of their chicken is much better than McDonalds, KFC, Burger King and even Popeye's. Their grilled chicken sandwich is a nice thick piece of juicy breast and so are their nuggets. When you bite into a piece of nugget it's an actual piece of breast meat, while McDonalds and the rest are scraps. I would compare them to in-n-out burgers. They are the best fast food chicken of the bunch.

Just thinking about it......... it may have to do with the water.
I tried the Chic-fil-a out of New York.
I may just give the New York location a try......

Old 12-23-2018, 10:03 PM

2,606 posts, read 3,407,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Who is eating In and Out with health in mind?

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Yeah each time I go there I ingest a 2000+ calorie meal. Yup, I'm disgusting.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:33 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,868,566 times
I don't get the appeal of Chick Fil A. Greasy AF, first time I had it (out of curiosity), I was sick the entire afternoon)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: