Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 01:51 PM

1,486 posts, read 989,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Is this forum mostly about homeless people applying for Lama lottery and trying to get housing. Thats all I see here.

I thought it was more historic and intuitive, but all I see is people trying to score some apartments.
That's what brought me to this site. Hunters Point south affordable housing. I googled and this was the only site I could find info.....then lurked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 03:03 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Please.

First page (which is really the only one that matters for most websites) has 25 or more posts regarding housing/real estate. Each day more are added which just pushes down and off that page of anything else unless the post is kept active. That DSNY thread is an example.

SeventhFloor's announcements of seemingly every new or whatever building aside, rest of the RE posts are related in some way to "affordable" or "low" income housing including moaning over various Mitchell-Lama projects.
Re-read the OP and my post you’re quoting. There’s certainly a lot of talk about real estate in general which can include market rate housing, zoning changes, new developments, etc. While affordable housing lotteries are a subset of real estate, the subset is not equivalent to the set, so the idea that that’s pretty much all this forum has going isn’t remotely true.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:44 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Re-read the OP and my post you’re quoting. There’s certainly a lot of talk about real estate in general which can include market rate housing, zoning changes, new developments, etc. While affordable housing lotteries are a subset of real estate, the subset is not equivalent to the set, so the idea that that’s pretty much all this forum has going isn’t remotely true.
Thats because I stopped complaining and started posting more

Can't talk the talk and not walk the walk

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-22-2018, 07:30 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Is this forum mostly about homeless people applying for Lama lottery and trying to get housing. Thats all I see here.

I thought it was more historic and intuitive, but all I see is people trying to score some apartments.

That's the only game in town.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:32 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
This forum and especially not this site do not lean left.

I can hardly think of any posters who have a strong left wing bias

Ahem.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:55 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,759,143 times
Quote:
Pretty accurate so far.....

Yes, would say 50% or more posts/threads on any given day in this forum are RE related. Much of that revolves around "affordable", "low income", "NYCHA" and or other such housing.
Which should be a sub-forum of its own, imho. These threads drown everything else.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:57 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,759,143 times
Quote:
People have other things to do, and besides the liberal/progressive bent of this forum squashes anyone who earns and or is otherwise successful.

Post anything that remotely has a whiff of having done or is doing well; and you'll be pounced upon like a monkey on a cupcake. It just spoils the Pity Me Pines Hotel narrative which in one way or other is the dominate theme.
Liberal bent? Are you kidding me? This is one of the most regressive places I have ever seen. It's hardly a swath of NYer-ness. And people are just mean here. It's almost as bad as Craigslist. They scare away most people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City