Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 03:56 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I pay Verizon electronically but I also get a printout later. They have tried to pull a couple fast ones in the past and now I don't trust them.

You don't want to hear about my past landlords. One chased me out of my building with a Colt 45...and not the Malt liquor.

Anything else that isn’t a must is all shredded and I mean everything

And that is precisely why I asked about a SHREDDER.
LMAO... Colt 45... Even so you can get a breakdown with doing a printout. My bill was higher last month. I had a rep break down my bill just to be sure. The new bills should be the same each month since it is unlimited now. Last month though, I added my new iPad and a new line for it, so there are some one-time charges that I needed to confirm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 08:14 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
My bill shuttles between $150 and $153 that I think has to do with long and short months????

Old 09-02-2018, 07:35 AM

Finale:

There will be a free shredder at 82nd and First Ave on Saturday, Sept 22nd, from 10AM to 2PM.
That's a 1.5 mile round trip for me and probably too far to haul a big load of paper.

But maybe "the sexy ladies from the eighties" will have some use for it?

Old 09-02-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Finale:

There will be a free shredder at 82nd and First Ave on Saturday, Sept 22nd, from 10AM to 2PM.
That's a 1.5 mile round trip for me and probably too far to haul a big load of paper.

But maybe "the sexy ladies from the eighties" will have some use for it?
Don’t you have a shopping cart that you can use? I’d walk down to 86th, make the crosstown bus to 1st and walk to 82nd from there. Coming back, crosstown bus to the 3rd Avenue bus since you don’t do Uber.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:11 AM

Hauling 200 pounds of paper up the bus steps with my back is insanity. (I don't take buses to go 2 blocks...it's genetic.)

I MAY do the walk if the stars align correctly.

Last year the shredder did not arrive on the appointed day and dozens of people (me included) dragged their crap back home...they came a week later. But that was just a walk from Second to First on 92nd.

If I hauled ass to 82nd and First and back again for nothing, somebody might get hurt.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Hauling 200 pounds of paper up the bus steps with my back is insanity. (I don't take buses to go 2 blocks...it's genetic.)

I MAY do the walk if the stars align correctly.

Last year the shredder did not arrive on the appointed day and dozens of people (me included) dragged their crap back home...they came a week later. But that was just a walk from Second to First on 92nd.

If I hauled ass to 82nd and First and back again for nothing, somebody might get hurt.
lol I shredded a few items in my office on Friday. Do it once a week and you’re good to go...

Old 09-02-2018, 08:34 AM

Problems:

1. I would need an Office, haven't had one in a jillion years.
2. I am looking to get rid of half a stuffed filing cabinet drawer, so a few items at a time will not cut it.
3. My shredder, a little $20 Staples job has a 1 cubic foot bin. It jams easily and also overheats and trips off pretty readily. I will generate about 30 cu. feet of shreds.

So little by little won't work for me.

I will start filling boxes and stuffing them under the beds...one step at a time.
First step: 8 years of Verizon bills and the same of maintenance bills.

(Last year I got rid of all the checks we both wrote back to 1973, thousands of them. That was slow going because many checks generated memories.)

Old 09-02-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Problems:

1. I would need an Office, haven't had one in a jillion years.
2. I am looking to get rid of half a stuffed filing cabinet drawer, so a few items at a time will not cut it.
3. My shredder, a little $20 Staples job has a 1 cubic foot bin. It jams easily and also overheats and trips off pretty readily. I will generate about 30 cu. feet of shreds.

So little by little won't work for me.

I will start filling boxes and stuffing them under the beds...one step at a time.
First step: 8 years of Verizon bills and the same of maintenance bills.

(Last year I got rid of all the checks we both wrote back to 1973, thousands of them. That was slow going because many checks generated memories.)
Paying bills generated memories? LMAO The only memories I have are I wish I got a free months free of Verizon...

Old 09-02-2018, 09:59 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Paying bills generated memories? LMAO The only memories I have are I wish I got a free months free of Verizon...
No I can see that. I kept my check registers for years because they were kind of like diaries. Running “tabulation” of where we’d been.

KK I know you’re trying to keep down expenses, but Task Rabbit might be able to help you get the stuff from point A to point B on any given day. Just a thought.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:13 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
There is a simple solution that requires a little sweat and can be done at home in a 5 gallon bucket.
1) obtain empty 5 gallon bucket
2) fill bucket with paper
3) fill bucket with hot water
4) Stir once in a while.
5) Drain and discard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City