Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 03:21 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,295,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Trump supporters keep talking about money - just like Trump. There are a lot more important things involved than money, you know. And, yes, never mind that. Other things, like his hate-mongering, are more important to me.
Yes never mind that because you can’t fathom giving the man credit for anything. I’m not sure who you’re trying to fool with this nonsense about there being other things more important than how your pockets are doing, but that is just a lame excuse. That’s okay, you don’t have to admit that your paychecks are better under Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 03:36 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Watched the debate. Grating at best.
Cynthia played the part of the quick witted, smarter than you, I know all the answers,high pitched, little whiny brat.
Andrew was no different acting as the cocky ,take my time responding ,one dimensional , it's in the bag win ,with dead on target rebuttals
for everything she threw at him.

I loved the look on Cynthia's face when asked about the helicopters that use to (haha ) fly over Jessica Parkers apartment.
Damn. That was worth a million bucks.

I loved the look on Andrew's face when she told him to stop lying. He looked like he was gonna pull out the 44. L.O.L.

The sad take away from all of this is the city is in a s**t hole because of too many free loaders. The average homeowner can not be
the scapegoat anymore. The revenue needs to come from someplace else. Cuomo has the experience over Cynthia to shuffle things about
but the hypothetical can is finally reaching the end of the road. Unless more jobs and tourism are created to increase revenue the city will continue to slide further into the dumps. You can only jack up tolls so much, gasoline so much etc. before you have total dismay. I feel sad for those governing our state.It's a very difficult bunch of balls to juggle.You can't squeeze blood from a stone. New York fell into despair back in the 70's. The first tell tale sign was the breakdown of quality of life issues along with the Transit System.Jobs were then created ,tourism was introduced and free loaders put to work. I love New York...remember the jingle...... .
History tends to repeats itself unless one learns and grows from it.

P.S. Vote Conservative

Old 09-02-2018, 03:49 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what the point is these days of asking about chances, considering that Trump was considered to have almost no chance of winning the nomination, much less the general election.

Perhaps, I'm being lenient, or ignorant, but I don't consider Cuomo "VERY" corrupt. I mean, not like the Deep South. But his main redeeming quality, as far as I'm concerned, is experience. Trump has driven home the lesson clearly, yet again, that it's a dumb idea to choose a novice for a high-level political office. She seems smart and sincere, but that's not enough. I'd be happy to vote for Cynthia Nixon if she chose to run for city council, but not governor.

You hit the nail on the head.
Imagine New York as a ship that is taking on water after being torpedoed.
You have the injured Captain Cuomo and Cynthia first mate reaching for the helm.
You know how all great movies play out. Right?

Captain Cuomo picks himself up off the ground with what little life he has left in his body.
Pushes Cynthia out of the way. Anchors himself to the wheel of the ship and limps the sea
going vessel all the way home without loss of life.
The End.

Short Story by Mr.Retired

Old 09-02-2018, 06:01 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
You hit the nail on the head.
Imagine New York as a ship that is taking on water after being torpedoed.
You have the injured Captain Cuomo and Cynthia first mate reaching for the helm.
You know how all great movies play out. Right?

Captain Cuomo picks himself up off the ground with what little life he has left in his body.
Pushes Cynthia out of the way. Anchors himself to the wheel of the ship and limps the sea
going vessel all the way home without loss of life.
The End.

Short Story by Mr.Retired
Good one !

Old 09-02-2018, 07:00 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post
Also its is no secret that Cuomo is VERY corrupt ... but obviously he has a stronghold on votes.. WHY is this ? And what (if any) redeeming qualities does he offer as a governor ???

I am just trying to understand
0 and 0

she is NOT gon win

Old 09-03-2018, 06:39 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
There are a lot more important things involved than money, you know.

Yep, like not paying taxes on that money.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:14 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
She has time against her and I don't feel she's getting the momentum some of these other progressive candidates got. I don't really like Cuomo though and would love for his arrogant azz to lose.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:12 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
She has time against her and I don't feel she's getting the momentum some of these other progressive candidates got. I don't really like Cuomo though and would love for his arrogant azz to lose.

Then the best you can do is vote for Ms. Nixon. Easy peasy.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:11 AM

1,110 posts, read 983,740 times
From the beginning, it is very obvious that Trump has a lot of chances of winning. It is just the media or those idiot pundits are denying it.

Quote:
I'm not sure what the point is these days of asking about chances, considering that Trump was considered to have almost no chance of winning the nomination, much less the general election.

Perhaps, I'm being lenient, or ignorant, but I don't consider Cuomo "VERY" corrupt. I mean, not like the Deep South. But his main redeeming quality, as far as I'm concerned, is experience. Trump has driven home the lesson clearly, yet again, that it's a dumb idea to choose a novice for a high-level political office. She seems smart and sincere, but that's not enough. I'd be happy to vote for Cynthia Nixon if she chose to run for city council, but not governor.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:13 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,295,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
From the beginning, it is very obvious that Trump has a lot of chances of winning. It is just the media or those idiot pundits are denying it.
And with the economy doing well, he can certainly win in 2020 as well. He DEFINITELY has my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City