Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 06:03 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times

Advertisements

It's easy to say you wouldn't do it since it has an almost zero % chance of happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 06:04 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Yeah but I know damn well if you ran into your favorite celebrity on the street, you would say something!

Errr no, I wouldn't.

And for record have "run into", stood behind on lines, and so forth a long list of famous persons and have said boo.

John Stossel - Riding bike in Central Park

Robert Culp - Whole Foods Union Square

Mary Tyler Moore - Eli's UES

Peter Boyle - Eli's UES

Kristen Johnston - 12th Street in Greenwich Village

Jonny Lee Miller - Washington Square Park area

Paul McCartney - sitting on steps of an Yorkville church with his then GF (now wife) Nancy Shevell

Didn't actually realize it was truly PmC until it registered a bit later. A few weeks later ran into a neighbor who *did* go up to the couple and say a few words.

And so it goes....

Manhattan, especially the UES, UWS and now Chelsea on down to Financial District is lousy with famous persons, I've got better things to do than bother people.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:06 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Errr no, I wouldn't.

And for record have "run into", stood behind on lines, and so forth a long list of famous persons and have said boo.

John Stossel - Riding bike in Central Park

Robert Culp - Whole Foods Union Square

Mary Tyler Moore - Eli's UES

Peter Boyle - Eli's UES

Kristen Johnston - 12th Street in Greenwich Village

Jonny Lee Miller - Washington Square Park area

Paul McCartney - sitting on steps of an Yorkville church with his then GF (now wife) Nancy Shevell

Didn't actually realize it was truly PmC until it registered a bit later. A few weeks later ran into a neighbor who *did* go up to the couple and say a few words.

And so it goes....

Manhattan, especially the UES, UWS and now Chelsea on down to Financial District is lousy with famous persons, I've got better things to do than bother people.
Do you even care about any of those people?

Old 09-02-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
It feels like I'm the only one who stands at alert. New Yorkers just walks right pass them. Is this the normal New Yorker thing to do?

Yesterday I was out in SOHO and I saw Louis CK walking on the street talking on his cellphone. I looked around for peoples reaction and no one said anything. I figured Louis CK would be too scared to walk in day light but he looks good and healthy.

Have at it; go stalk people if that is your calling in life: https://www.addressreport.com/blog/n...-map-star-map/

Old 09-02-2018, 06:08 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Celebrities I’ve seen and not said boo to:

Robin Williams
George Burns
Robert Redford
Woody Allen
Diane Keaton
Robert De Niro
John Lennon
James Taylor
Cher
Martin Scorsese

To name a few off the top of my head....real New Yorkers leave them alone, like Bugsy said. That’s why they live here.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Do you even care about any of those people?

Their personal business? No, but their professional careers/works yes, many are up there in films, television or whatever one enjoys.

Loved Third Rock From the Sun, Everybody Loves Raymond, Trainspotting, and so forth. But am not going to debase myself by going up to someone who is out going about their business (especially if with their children), and bother them with nonsense.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:16 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
That's only true of celebrities you don't care about. People talk this "real New Yorker" stuff, but I know damn well they would greet their idol if they encountered them.
Speak for your Long Island self. I personally value my privacy and don’t people violating it, so when I see famous people I live and let live. Same thing when you see a Rolls Royce or a Bentley coming down the street. I’ve seen them before; I look and keep it moving.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Speak for your Long Island self. I personally value my privacy and don’t people violating it, so when I see famous people I live and let live. Same thing when you see a Rolls Royce or a Bentley coming down the street. I’ve seen them before; I look and keep it moving.

As my grandmother would say "they sit down to sh**" like everybody else.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:20 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Their personal business? No, but their professional careers/works yes, many are up there in films, television or whatever one enjoys.

Loved Third Rock From the Sun, Everybody Loves Raymond, Trainspotting, and so forth. But am not going to debase myself by going up to someone who is out going about their business (especially if with their children), and bother them with nonsense.
Agreed. It’s a New York thing. There’s enough obnoxious people out here as it is. Leave the people in peace and them go about their business. My favorite actor is Robert De Niro. If I saw him, I’d give a glance, maybe say something like oh cool, Robert De Niro, and keep it going. I do my damnest to avoid crowds. Cannot stand them!

Old 09-02-2018, 06:22 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
If i were to see Adriana Lima or Irina Shayk..i would unzip my pants and shake my lovetoy at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City