Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 07:27 AM

21 posts, read 15,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
To say there are no eligible bachelors in a state of 20 million people and nothing to do in South Florida, means that your problems are probably with yourself and will follow you wherever you go.
Well thank you for your kind words and help with this matter.
No eligible bachelors for me as a BLACK PROFESSIONAL WOMAN, there are plenty of bachelors for people who have standards that may be different than mine and if you are not Hispanics, Florida is not a good place for you as everything here surrounds either the Hispanics, the young (thug-ish) looking guys or the older men who want to live a double life in a different city.

Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 07:51 AM

Default Yes, Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
To the OP, try to drill down and understand your own personal finances, what you want and what you need, and what personal connections you have whether in NYC or anywhere else. NYC can be a great decision for you, but there may be better choices. Once you lock down on what you have, what you need, and what you want, then try posting in the General US forum to see what might come up as options.

You don’t date an entire state. The fact of the matter is that meeting someone in person matters and geography and the distances involved are not something someone can change by force of will. It is sometimes easier to change your probabilities of finding someone by moving somewhere. The OP won’t be the first to have moved for that reason, and it’s not like different probability fields don’t exist by location and circumstance. This isn’t to say NYC is the best for any of this, but it can be a better opportunity.
Thank you OyCrumbler, I appreciate your input and will try that.

I am not doing it mainly for the dating circumstances in Florida, understand that I am from the Caribbean and have been living here forever went to school and everything, I was a Flight Attendant, have seen other places. Then, I realized that living in Florida is really no different than being in the Caribbean (minus the mandatory Spanish), it is as if I am not living in the United States.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:54 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,544,611 times
It sounds like you are overdue for a change and New York may be just what you're looking for. If you were a flight attendant, maybe you've already been here a few times already? If you have the money and a decent source of income, there's no other place like it. You will have a blast .

Old 09-27-2018, 08:01 AM

Default No, I am here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I think OP has been scared off. She hasn’t been back since she posted....
Hannah5555, I am here. Although looking at some of the replies, I am realizing why I need to get away from Florida because there is so much negativity here.
Honestly, Florida may be a great place for some and I know many people who love it and there is nothing wrong with that. But, what many people fail to understand is that it may not be for everyone. New York may not be it either, but at least, it'll be an experience.
There may plenty of people in Florida (I live in Broward now, lived in Miami for many years) but not people I am generally interested in maybe. My move is not concentrated solely on my dating life, I was in Atlanta for 1 month and had better prospects then in Florida, it's just a matter of preference and Florida is not it for me ( or at least, the areas I have been in). There are many of mix/mingle events, that may be true, but they do not work for me.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missduchat View Post
Hannah5555, I am here. Although looking at some of the replies, I am realizing why I need to get away from Florida because there is so much negativity here.
Honestly, Florida may be a great place for some and I know many people who love it and there is nothing wrong with that. But, what many people fail to understand is that it may not be for everyone. New York may not be it either, but at least, it'll be an experience.
There may plenty of people in Florida (I live in Broward now, lived in Miami for many years) but not people I am generally interested in maybe. My move is not concentrated solely on my dating life, I was in Atlanta for 1 month and had better prospects then in Florida, it's just a matter of preference and Florida is not it for me ( or at least, the areas I have been in). There are many of mix/mingle events, that may be true, but they do not work for me.
Glad you're back! As I said below, NYC may be just what you're looking for although I've heard great things about Atlanta, too. It all boils down to chemistry .

Old 09-27-2018, 08:08 AM

Thank you to all who have replied, I truly appreciate all your different inputs. I will take some of the things said here in consideration and plan my move. I work in Human Resources and I am looking to get a job with a salary of at least 75k to start.
I have no ties in New York and it will really just a move and like Hannah5555 says, i really just need a change. I am not saying that New York is for sure the best move for me, but at this point, I will take anything over Florida. I have lived for a long time and I have moved in different areas and cities, just to find something different, but it is still the same. Opportunities are very scarce here (Work that pays well, meeting people - not just romantically, etc...) I really just need a different setting/scenery and if New York does not work, I'll be on my next hunt for a better place.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:32 AM

1,121 posts, read 591,194 times
Missduchat, life is probably easier for you down in Florida. In NYC you may not just waltz into a 75k job with no connections to the City. Nepotism can be a big thing here with employment even at minimum wage jobs. Then again you may have luck with it. NY is a great city but it can also take people down.

With NYC dating you are going to be in a different league and that means you have to look better than you do down in Florida. There are plenty of articles about women who can not find a guy in NYC and they are slim and dateable, but with ruined and spoiled attitudes too, I suppose. It is not a settle down type of place because during posting this I have seen at least 50 women who look better than you.

It is judgmental to say this but in Manhattan you are going to see mostly slim girls with fitted clothes. That might be different down in Florida.

You can find many more people out in Bergen County that want to settle down. The hard truth is that men biologically do not always want to be with a New York City girl because it is usually clear she has slept around with a lot of dudes and she may be more experienced with dating than the ordinary marriable type of guys.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
Missduchat, life is probably easier for you down in Florida. In NYC you may not just waltz into a 75k job with no connections to the City. Nepotism can be a big thing here with employment even at minimum wage jobs. Then again you may have luck with it. NY is a great city but it can also take people down.

With NYC dating you are going to be in a different league and that means you have to look better than you do down in Florida. There are plenty of articles about women who can not find a guy in NYC and they are slim and dateable, but with ruined and spoiled attitudes too, I suppose. It is not a settle down type of place because during posting this I have seen at least 50 women who look better than you.

It is judgmental to say this but in Manhattan you are going to see mostly slim girls with fitted clothes. That might be different down in Florida.

You can find many more people out in Bergen County that want to settle down. The hard truth is that men biologically do not always want to be with a New York City girl because it is usually clear she has slept around with a lot of dudes and she may be more experienced with dating than the ordinary marriable type of guys.
What a misogynist, ignorant, illiterate post. Thankfully, OP is too smart to listen to any of it.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
What a misogynist, ignorant, illiterate post. Thankfully, OP is too smart to listen to any of it.
Okay

Old 09-27-2018, 08:50 AM

Okay men do not like slim healthy women. Happy now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: