Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 10:06 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
LMAO... That area gives East Harlem a run for it’s money. Always got a kick out of seeing the Fordham students run to and from Metro-North...
A good number of the kids are living nearby these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 10:33 AM

769 posts, read 1,014,157 times
Fordham has always been a haven for drug addict culture. I remember 25 years ago in college most of the bodgeas sold various assortments of weed. Chonky Black was a popular Dominican strain back then. Used to shop at Jimmy Jamz and Dr. J's.

Just because Fordham University is an esteemed organization doesn't mean the neighborhood is.

I think OP would be even more surprised had they visited the campus of Temple University.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:37 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
Fordham has always been a haven for drug addict culture. I remember 25 years ago in college most of the bodgeas sold various assortments of weed. Chonky Black was a popular Dominican strain back then. Used to shop at Jimmy Jamz and Dr. J's.

Just because Fordham University is an esteemed organization doesn't mean the neighborhood is.

I think OP would be even more surprised had they visited the campus of Temple University.
2 years ago I went to take an exam at temple. Across the street I went to a Bodega and bought a can of coca Cola. I was surprised a can cost 75 cents while in the hood of nyc, a can of soda fetch for 1.25. Temple neighborhood is so so.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:55 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
A good number of the kids are living nearby these days.
Oh I know... Mostly in Belmont...

Old 09-13-2018, 11:00 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
2 years ago I went to take an exam at temple. Across the street I went to a Bodega and bought a can of coca Cola. I was surprised a can cost 75 cents while in the hood of nyc, a can of soda fetch for 1.25. Temple neighborhood is so so.
Always Coca Cola!!!

I wonder how much that **** actually cost if they were selling at .75 cents. Maybe they were not following the official MSRP of Coca Cola.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:54 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Always Coca Cola!!!

I wonder how much that **** actually cost if they were selling at .75 cents. Maybe they were not following the official MSRP of Coca Cola.
Go to any Walmart and they have machines outside selling any soda for $0.50

And it costs the business the same everywhere. Bodegas will stock up at Stop & Shop when they have 5 cases for $12 specials (20 cents a can)

Old 09-13-2018, 11:58 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Go to any Walmart and they have machines outside selling any soda for $0.50

And it costs the business the same everywhere. Bodegas will stock up at Stop & Shop when they have 5 cases for $12 specials (20 cents a can)
I wonder what the cost is for Coca Cola. 5 cents to produce?

water+chemicals+can or bottle = 20 cents??

Old 09-13-2018, 02:34 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,879,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I was thrilled to see that Fordham Plaza across Fordham University and the Metro North was renovated and revamped. It definitely looked quite nice at first. And its great to see that Fordham as a plethora of other shops that can bring money into the area. I always try to look at the bright side of things but I have been going through Fordham Road in the Bronx the past fews and its an absolute dump. That area simply cannot have nice things. Garage all over the place plus garbage people. Drugged out zombies stumbling and bumbling at the plaza and it reeks of the smell of urine. I felt like all the homeless and druggies got together, put urine in a pipeline and had it mist out around the area.

That's all I have to say about that. A damn shame.

it been ratchet. we got naysayers who wanna sell you otherwise

Old 09-13-2018, 02:47 PM

152 posts, read 155,835 times
LMAO, this brings back memories. I went to school at Lehman College in the 2000's, glad to see Fordham hasn't changed.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:24 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Try East Tremont between Grand Concourse and Anthony Ave.
Funny first girl I ever kissed lived in a very nice buidling a block from there. Nice buidling around there and Echo Place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City