Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 11:39 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa2323 View Post

Needless to say, I only left a 2.00 dollar tip, and I seriously considered leaving her nothing.
Many people in there service industry say sweetie, hun, honey, doll, etc.
So because you're too much of a coward to say something you gave her a $2 tip.
You want to be treated like a grown adult than act like one! Speak up for yourself, no one else is going to for you. You seem to have no issue coming online to b*tch and moan...
MA'AM time to grow up and handle yourself and situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 11:44 AM

195 posts, read 131,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Many people in there service industry say sweetie, hun, honey, doll, etc.
So because you're too much of a coward to say something you gave her a $2 tip.
You want to be treated like a grown adult than act like one! Speak up for yourself, no one else is going to for you. You seem to have no issue coming online to b*tch and moan...
MA'AM time to grow up and handle yourself and situations.
I've already explained that I don't like confrontations. I could be wrong, but she seemed like the type who would get offended if I mentioned it.

I do think some people who use forums can resort to being mean or nasty for no apparent reason. It's very strange that you called me a coward and proceeded to insult me for asking a question on a public forum.

Moving forward, I will ignore anyone who attempts to disrespect me.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:45 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,864,035 times
Quote:
Customers should not have to explain to store employees, why we prefer certain items over others. I try to remain pleasant and friendly, but it's taxing!
I don't think you should have to explain or justify anything to anyone (unless they're paying your bills).

Old 11-19-2018, 01:43 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,685,509 times
OP has a stick up her ass. You are an adult. You can say, “please don’t call me sweetie” rather than sit there like a lump on a log, stewing, and then leave chump change. How adult of you. How “living well.”

Old 11-19-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I've already explained that I don't like confrontations. I could be wrong, but she seemed like the type who would get offended if I mentioned it.

I do think some people who use forums can resort to being mean or nasty for no apparent reason. It's very strange that you called me a coward and proceeded to insult me for asking a question on a public forum.

Moving forward, I will ignore anyone who attempts to disrespect me.
No where was I being mean in my post, I tell it how it is. I called you a coward because you are acting like one plain and simple. Welcome to NYC!
No one likes confrontations but you are a grown adult and you need to act like one. Stop crying foul. And speak up.

Truthfully I'm beginning to think this person is a troll. You want to cry about this, you want a rich man, you want to live in NYC ect.
Actually you'd be good as a trophy wife if you have the looks. They want woman who will hush up, look pretty and perform in bed. You got the hush up part down. The rest you can figure out for yourself.

Old 11-19-2018, 02:44 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
No where was I being mean in my post, I tell it how it is. I called you a coward because you are acting like one plain and simple. Welcome to NYC!
No one likes confrontations but you are a grown adult and you need to act like one. Stop crying foul. And speak up.

Truthfully I'm beginning to think this person is a troll. You want to cry about this, you want a rich man, you want to live in NYC ect.
Actually you'd be good as a trophy wife if you have the looks. They want woman who will hush up, look pretty and perform in bed. You got the hush up part down. The rest you can figure out for yourself.
Oh I forgot. She is the one who wanted a rich guy but did not want to drink alcohol.

Old 11-19-2018, 03:49 PM

636 posts, read 612,295 times
What a hard life...first no rich dudes wanna bang her, now this! o the humanity

Old 11-19-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Citygirl332, Miranda231, Christine_565 and Claire_Springs
Interesting...I searched the first name you wrote to see what threads would pop up and threads from Miranda, Christine and Claire popped up as well.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:11 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
OP has a stick up her ass. You are an adult. You can say, “please don’t call me sweetie” rather than sit there like a lump on a log, stewing, and then leave chump change. How adult of you. How “living well.”
It's an experience that should have been nothing more than a source of mild amusement. Instead it's an excuse to pretend to feel offended to rationalize being a cheap tipper.

That sort of mean stinginess comes back to bite.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:03 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
Quote:
I arrived at JFK yesterday and ordered food at a restaurant. The waitress kept referring to me as "sweety" and "sweet-heart." It was very un-nerving for me, especially since I observed that she was calling other people "Ma'am" and "Sir."

I really wanted to tell her that I strongly dislike being referred to as "sweety," but decided not to, because who knows what she would have done to my food, out of spite.

I know this is not specific to NYC, but it appears that it always happens whenever I'm in NYC *[at restaurants, in shops, out and about, etc]. Keep in mind that I usually dress professionally, and tend to behave in a professional manner as well.

Is there any polite way of addressing the manner, without coming across as obnoxious? Why won't service people simply call everyone, "miss, ma'am, or sir," as a general rule?

just let it go

be happy she didn't poop in your food
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: