Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 10:09 AM

195 posts, read 131,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Yes, she blatantly goes around and does this and gets away with it. I have a problem with it too. Supposedly personal attacks aren't allowed here, but she gets away with it repeatedly when she disagrees with something that someone posts, especially new members. We have people complaining about the fact that the same threads keep popping up, yet any new member that comes here is roasted if they don't post topics that long-time members agree with. What kind of nonsense is that!??

What's this nonsense about "stiffing"? Tips don't have to be given. She has every right to not tip. Get over yourself with your holier than thou BS. I'm so sick of you acting like you're better than everyone else here.
+1 Thank you for being the voice of reason!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 10:11 AM

334 posts, read 227,790 times
Ignore it and worry about things that matter.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:28 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,311,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa2323 View Post
I think the bolded text highlights the real issue.

I enjoy being at my best and living well. I will not apologize to anyone for this and next time, I will stand up for myself.
Well said. My motto is live and let live. I think a lot of people are so worried about what others are doing and so insecure that it just drives them nuts to see people doing good for themselves. I buy coffee for myself almost everyday, sometimes a few times a day because I enjoy drinking it (usually on weekends I will buy two cups sometimes since I don't drink those large drinks but rather small ones) and since I pay for it out of my wallet, that's my prerogative if I want to treat myself to a second cup here and there. I know that some people see me and they're automatically jealous over something as simple as a cup of coffee and trying to clock how much money I spend, etc. It's absurd and a lot of it because I'm a young guy, so automatically I'm not entitled do XYZ with my money nonetheless and I'm not even out there living it up blowing money left and right.

I once was in Whole Foods buying a sandwich for lunch, and the person behind the counter had to put their two cents in telling me how I should make a sandwich at home. Well maybe I just want one sandwich and I don't have the time to make one at home. Whatever my reason is, why is it your prerogative to put your two cents in when I didn't ask you? All I did was ask for a sandwich, not be told how I can make one at home as if I don't know that. Just an example of how people try to tell others how to live their lives when they aren't paying their bills.

As I become older, I guess this a lot less. It was much worse when I was in my 20s.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:49 AM

732 posts, read 885,872 times
"I don't want to sound rude but please don't call me sweetie" or "By the way, I do not prefer to be called sweetie”

End of that.
They say that to get a better tip and it probably worked for them.

Rather than being passive aggressive with the $2.00 tip, the sentence would have suffice. If your food was contaminated, call the manager or department of health.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubering View Post
"I don't want to sound rude but please don't call me sweetie" or "By the way, I do not prefer to be called sweetie”

End of that.
They say that to get a better tip and it probably worked for them.

Rather than being passive aggressive with the $2.00 tip, the sentence would have suffice. If your food was contaminated, call the manager or department of health.
The next time it happens, I will probably state, "I do not prefer to be called Sweetie. --Thanks!"

Old 11-19-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Well said. My motto is live and let live. I think a lot of people are so worried about what others are doing and so insecure that it just drives them nuts to see people doing good for themselves. I buy coffee for myself almost everyday, sometimes a few times a day because I enjoy drinking it (usually on weekends I will buy two cups sometimes since I don't drink those large drinks but rather small ones) and since I pay for it out of my wallet, that's my prerogative if I want to treat myself to a second cup here and there. I know that some people see me and they're automatically jealous over something as simple as a cup of coffee and trying to clock how much money I spend, etc. It's absurd and a lot of it because I'm a young guy, so automatically I'm not entitled do XYZ with my money nonetheless and I'm not even out there living it up blowing money left and right.

I once was in Whole Foods buying a sandwich for lunch, and the person behind the counter had to put their two cents in telling me how I should make a sandwich at home. Well maybe I just want one sandwich and I don't have the time to make one at home. Whatever my reason is, why is it your prerogative to put your two cents in when I didn't ask you? All I did was ask for a sandwich, not be told how I can make one at home as if I don't know that. Just an example of how people try to tell others how to live their lives when they aren't paying their bills.

As I become older, I guess this a lot less. It was much worse when I was in my 20s.
The service at whole foods appears to be declining. I was in whole foods recently and ordered wild caught salmon. The clerk asked why I preferred wild caught and then proceeded to tell me that there wasn't a real difference between farm raised and wild caught.

I just smiled and repeated that I wanted the wild caught salmon. After he wrapped it up and handed it to me, I thanked him. I really wanted to complain about the service, but I was in a rush that day.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:23 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,868,566 times
Quote:
The service at whole foods appears to be declining. I was in whole foods recently and ordered wild caught salmon. The clerk asked why I preferred wild caught and then proceeded to tell me that there wasn't a real difference between farm raised and wild caught.

I just smiled and repeated that I wanted the wild caught salmon. After he wrapped it up and handed it to me, I thanked him. I really wanted to complain about the service, but I was in a rush that day.
That happened to me in Costco a few months ago - that was beyond irritating. I just looked at him and said "I want what I want". That shut him up immediately.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:32 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,896,204 times
Don't come here unless you have thick skin.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:34 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,896,204 times
Quote:

The difference is wild caught Salmon eat algae and the farmed salmon eat corn on the cob.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
That happened to me in Costco a few months ago - that was beyond irritating. I just looked at him and said "I want what I want". That shut him up immediately.
Customers should not have to explain to store employees, why we prefer certain items over others. I try to remain pleasant and friendly, but it's taxing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: