Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 07:58 AM

1,121 posts, read 591,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcebergIzm View Post
" the city also passed a bill that would stop the city from requiring marijuana testing for people on probation "

God Bless you DeBlasio !

It's such a shame to have guys go back to finish their jail sentences over a "dirty urine" violation.

This is how i know the jails are filled to capacity because if it was not the case this law would HAVE NEVER PASSED.
I dunno, certainly the jails are loaded already, but why couldn't people just stop using the same illegal drugs that got them in trouble? When people are notified they will get drug tested, it is pretty clear to everyone they can not smoke the weed. So if weed is not addictive and it's not a drug then why are they smoking it so impulsively when they know with complete certainty that if they smoke their drug test will be dirty and they will be sentenced back to jail for breaking the law again. There must be a lot of surprised looking stoners at court when the judge says they broke the laws and broke the rules and smoked more drugs and messed up again over and over, it must be a big surprise for them all? The dialog amoungst their cell mates must be: "If THC is not a drug, and pot is an innocent plant, so why is my drug test dirty!?!?" Or "weed is not as bad as alcohol!!!"

Just chalk it up as more annoying Stoner/leftist logic I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 10:10 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I really can't tell what you're for or against. On one post you're telling people how to grow and the other you denounce using it. Whatever you're dealing with is clearly internal.

I was also confused and wondered if it was just me.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:14 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Well It would be worth considering if swallowing percacet, xanex ,cocaine,dope or booze would some how create smoke that travels into the air we breathe.

I hear what you're saying but what about working with people who are on drugs (whatever pills) that make them perky all the time? These are legal though. The people on them can be a bit too much. It's like calm your *** down.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:22 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
His co workers are typical addicts. It does not matter the level where people work at or how much they make. Drugs cause problems in workplaces 100% of the time.

Perhaps mainly because they are criminalized.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:05 PM

323 posts, read 199,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
His co workers are typical addicts. It does not matter the level where people work at or how much they make. Drugs cause problems in workplaces 100% of the time.
Actually, I'm a "she" and I do not consider myself a pearl clutcher, but my God these were grown adults in their 20s and 30's. They all lived in mommy and daddy's basements and couldn't even function in the real world. One other poster said that I worked with a few losers, but out of 27 people, 25 were "losers"- what are the chances? How could there be so many losers?! This is one job. Imagine how many losers there really are out there. I did not work with just teenagers so this not even an excuse. Most of my co-workers were in their 20s and 30's and were not "children". Only myself and one other worker were non-pot smokers. This means this must be an epidemic.

Most of them graduated to more serious drugs like LSD and heroin as time went on and had no ambition whatsoever. One of the managers hired a known drug felon and marijuana dealer and the first week he was there, everyday the cash register would be on average $50-$100 short. We all used the same drawers and I was the dedicated cashier there. After 5 years of my register never being short once, suddenly there were problems. My boss informed me that the new guy and I were being written up and after 3 times we would both be fired. I refused to sign the write up and said I wanted my own designated cash drawer. Shortly after that the manager looked at the surveillance and it was the pothead that was stealing. Surprise surprise. I never even got an apology and almost got fired because my boss was giving a known felon an "equal opportunity".

Most of these young adults had mommies and daddies that constantly bailed them out and coddled them. Most were grown adults who could not stand on their own two feet. Surprisingly a lot of them were recent college dropouts and when they were sober were surprisingly intelligent people. All most of them did was complain about 1st world problems and couldn't deal with their emotions so they would blaze up to numb the pain.

Not only did they toke while at work, most were confused about their gender. When dumping the waste bins at the end of each night I would see estrogen and testosterone blister pack packaging tossed in the top of the can. If I owned my own business I would not hire employees that used drugs and opiates and I feel employees should have a right to pool their prospective workers. Who in their right mind would want workers who could cause them workers comp claims, drama and their business to fail? Some of these people were using heavy machinery and could have hurt themselves or others. I worked in a big box corporate petstore and saw animals die because of pot users who could not babble out a coherent sentence nor gave a crap about any living thing, but only cared about their next high. It's clown world nowadays where pot is the new wonder drug and cigarettes and alcohol are now considered more dangerous. Geesh

Last edited by dk1111; 04-25-2019 at 10:31 PM..

Old 04-26-2019, 08:56 AM

1,121 posts, read 591,660 times
Its like love at first site me and this women.

I am totally fed up with pot heads too! But my issues are more complex than yours. I am originally from Denver.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:06 PM

25 posts, read 10,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Unless there's a safety reason, who cares if a person smokes pot? I don't, but I'd bet half the city does.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: