Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 12:57 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,239,034 times

Advertisements

Bronx twins die.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ths/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 05:31 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
I think I read that there was also a third child in the car. In any case, I still don't understand how a parent can forget that his/her children have been left in a car for a such long period of time.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:21 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Opinion:
Parents don't. Drug addicts,drunks,mentally ill do......................

Old 07-27-2019, 08:38 AM

325 posts, read 199,339 times
So sad , it’s even crazier cuz the dads a social worker . It’s like how dum can you be , should be common sense that leaving babies in the car by themselves is dangerous especially in this heat and for long periods of time smh.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:05 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,577,158 times
What a tragedy...poor twins

Old 07-27-2019, 10:07 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I think I read that there was also a third child in the car. In any case, I still don't understand how a parent can forget that his/her children have been left in a car for a such long period of time.

My parents forgot I existed for 15 years.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:04 AM

325 posts, read 199,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Nah he dropped the third child in Yonkers the day before , and it is safe . Crazy how it’s gonna grow up to know it’s twin siblings died ;(

Old 07-27-2019, 01:17 PM

7,134 posts, read 4,540,768 times
They have been telling people for years to put your cell phone, purse, briefcase and lunch in the backseat so you have to look back there. I really don’t understand how this happens but since it does people need to heed this advice.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:22 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
They have been telling people for years to put your cell phone, purse, briefcase and lunch in the backseat so you have to look back there. I really don’t understand how this happens but since it does people need to heed this advice.
I think that's a good idea. And with Bluetooth technology, there is no reason for you to have your phone up in the front with you anyway.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:24 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Eh, it's been explained a hundred times how it happens. When it comes to doing a task, the non-emotional part of the brain in charge of remembering to do tasks doesn't differentiate between "drop the kids at daycare" and "take out the garbage". They are both just things that have to be done, and things that have to be done can be forgotten when one is distracted or tired or sick or a regular routine is disrupted in some way.

And if that makes you screech indignantly, "But a BABY is not the GARBAGE", then you totally fail to grasp the concept.

The reason "put the cell phone in the back with the baby" will work has nothing to do with a cell phone being more important than a baby, but that there's a good chance that the task called "Take your cell phone with you" will be remembered, and then you will say, "OH CRAP, I FORGOT TO DROP OFF THE BABY!!!!!!"

Now if it is found that the father didn't just forget but left the kids in the car on purpose or was in some way impaired, that would be a different story. I understand he has been charged with manslaughter, which is usually the procedure.

When these things happen, I often wonder how many times in cooler weather a parent didn't come out to his or her car at the end of the day to find a crying, smelly, hungry kid, and almost have a heart attack. I bet they never tell about that.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 07-27-2019 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City