Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 04:32 PM

4,214 posts, read 4,136,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Dont understand it.

I thought Wallgreens brought out Duane Reade years ago and was in the process of buying out Rite Aid. I know the Rite Aid one fell through the cracks and it was never accomplished but people have to expect when one company takes over another they must expect locations and jobs to be eliminated. This was a long time coming. I wonder what will happen to the one down town on by Duane street and Reade street? i
Walgreens ended up buying a number of Rite Aid stores but not all. The ones they bought were converted into Walgreens stores or in some cases closed (for example the Rite Aid next to Stop and Shop in New Hyde Park was closed in February and is still vacant).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 08:25 AM

1,486 posts, read 1,002,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
No. It's not just you. I always thought CVS/Rite Aid depressing, dark and dingy. Kind of like Duane Reade's poorer cousin. But!... at least CVS/Rite Aid was more reasonably priced although they did look bargain basement but I go where things are cheap. At least for some items. I even bought things at Jack's 99 cents.
I cant even begin count the number of times ive walked into a CVS and the fridges arent working and there are are signs posted 50% off everything refrigerated. And im like who knows how long thats been sitting there in that hot fridge and who knows if they will throw out the spoiled liquids once the fridge is fixed .....

Nope not chancing it, not gonna **** my guts out on that one.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:42 PM

13 posts, read 7,364 times
CVS es mejor

Old 11-07-2019, 06:57 PM

1,040 posts, read 684,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
I liked it when they had the Chase ATM's in the stores. Now that was convenient
Yes, agreed. This was great while it lasted. Maybe Chase thinks people don't need ATM's anymore.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:04 PM

34,187 posts, read 47,587,514 times
Maybe Duane Reade and Chase should join forces

Bank/pharmacy

Stop n Shop follows this model, they have a bank on premises open 7 days a week

I should get Cashapped for this idea!

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-08-2019, 01:46 PM

19,106 posts, read 12,820,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
Yes, agreed. This was great while it lasted. Maybe Chase thinks people don't need ATM's anymore.
That's a great point, because ATMs are actually going the way of cable TV and payphones. Poor people can't get bank accounts so they don't use them. ATM customers are working people who have credit cards and use them more and more in person and especially online. Really the only reason for cash now is to pay for drinks at the bar (even that is mostly paid for by plastic) or 1 on 1 deals with other people (which is more and more paypal/venmo)

Old 11-08-2019, 02:28 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,926,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Hate Duane Reade, morphed into a glorified Sephoras in past decade+

Good f'n riddance
Yeah, I would look for non-cosmetics and they didn't have certain products or common brands of cough drops, OTC meds etc. But had 3000+ different types of non-essential make-up.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:30 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,926,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Poor people can't get bank accounts so they don't use them.
Cap One 360 Online Checking account is FREE

Old 11-08-2019, 03:01 PM

4,214 posts, read 4,136,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Maybe Duane Reade and Chase should join forces

Bank/pharmacy

Stop n Shop follows this model, they have a bank on premises open 7 days a week

I should get Cashapped for this idea!
Stop and Shop in New Hyde Park had a bank inside but they got rid of it about ten years ago. I’m not sure what banking services they offered when it was there. They do still have an ATM like a lot of stores.

Old 11-08-2019, 04:51 PM

34,187 posts, read 47,587,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Stop and Shop in New Hyde Park had a bank inside but they got rid of it about ten years ago. I’m not sure what banking services they offered when it was there. They do still have an ATM like a lot of stores.
My local Stop n Shop still has their bank. With full banking services. Chase Bank is a block away from my local Stop n Shop.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City