Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 01:49 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,614,299 times

Advertisements

God, so what with the 7. People are taking the Q70 and Q47 buses to the 7/E/M/R/F at Jackson Heights anyways. Why do these people stunt growth so much? Have none of these people gone to airports with subway/train access like ORD, MDW, NRT, LHR, fricking JFK and EWR, and not realized how much nicer it is? Granted, Willets Point is goofy to me still, sounds like they're catering to suburban folk or tourists who want to get to midtown, but at least it's something.

I really don't like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, but I don't live in Queens so I guess it just is what it is. How frustrating though, as LGA is actually getting much nicer now that the construction projects are starting to complete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 03:07 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
God, so what with the 7. People are taking the Q70 and Q47 buses to the 7/E/M/R/F at Jackson Heights anyways. Why do these people stunt growth so much? Have none of these people gone to airports with subway/train access like ORD, MDW, NRT, LHR, fricking JFK and EWR, and not realized how much nicer it is? Granted, Willets Point is goofy to me still, sounds like they're catering to suburban folk or tourists who want to get to midtown, but at least it's something.

I really don't like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, but I don't live in Queens so I guess it just is what it is. How frustrating though, as LGA is actually getting much nicer now that the construction projects are starting to complete.
LMAO, I hope so. That was the whole point of the exercise.

Old 01-17-2020, 05:44 PM

37,123 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Just to put this in perspective with other infrastructure costs, $2 billion is the cost it took to construct a 21 station 15km brand new subway line in Milan, Italy due to open in 2021. Here we are talking about a stupid AirTrain for the same price.
Yea, a stupid Airtrain that most people would have to ride past the airport on overimpacted transit with no provisions for luggage to an Airtrain station where they then double back on the airport. This is a really dumb way to get people to LGA. Dumb like not connecting PATH to the IRT 6 as one line when rebuilding the WTC station. Dumb like building the second avenue subway in four phases instead of two at most. Dumb like not running combined through-running NJT/LIRR operations in Penn Station. Dumb like building a massive interlocking and then two separate massive bi-level tunnels deep underground for LIRR East Side Access instead of two small tunnels and a serious of small stations going into Atlantic Terminal.

This is at least part of the issue that NYC and the area has with its mass transit and the massive expenses it incurs. It's not just corruption, having to roll healthcare packages into labor costs, union bargaining to overstaff or have redundant positions, etc. though those all matters. It's also because the overall planning is just dumb and wasteful.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 01-17-2020 at 05:57 PM..

Old 01-17-2020, 07:48 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
we put man on the moon, invade third world countries in less than a month, but we can't get a train to plane, extend the subways, or cure cancer.

MAGA!

I hope those residents learn to speak mandarin because China is going own us

Old 01-17-2020, 08:07 PM

34,015 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
we put man on the moon, invade third world countries in less than a month, but we can't get a train to plane, extend the subways, or cure cancer.

MAGA!

I hope those residents learn to speak mandarin because China is going own us
Are astronauts in unions? Serious question, I really don't know.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-17-2020, 08:51 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Are astronauts in unions? Serious question, I really don't know.

have you tried using duckduckgo?

Old 01-17-2020, 09:00 PM

34,015 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
have you tried using duckduckgo?
Bro, I still go outside - I'm not on the Internet that much

F is duckduckgo?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-18-2020, 05:09 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Bro, I still go outside - I'm not on the Internet that much

F is duckduckgo?
A internet search engine similar to google.

Old 01-18-2020, 05:29 AM

43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times
LGA needs to have train service. The question which is the best way to get it done asap.

Old 01-18-2020, 06:09 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
LGA needs to have train service. The question which is the best way to get it done asap.
Extend the existing tracks that run parallel to Van Wyck to follow parallel to Grand Central with a switch over to "N" line in Astoria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City