Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 10:03 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,238,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Is that a threat? Lol.
What are you talking about? What’s a threat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 10:04 AM

106,813 posts, read 109,039,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I know that and agree with you. It’s the Left that equates ownership of building with being from the wealth class and the tenants from the working/lower class. They only see things in black and white because their narrative is always about us (the poor) vs them (the rich) and everything has to fit into that nice simple package.
You know kefir and his evil landlord stance

Old 02-16-2020, 10:05 AM

34,121 posts, read 47,349,444 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? What’s a threat?
Well lets say everything went co-op over night, so what? Then NYC is ruined as per your hypothesis. So what? Life goes on.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-16-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
You know kefir and his evil landlord stance
I have yet to meet a landlord who was dedicated to making sure ppl just had a nice place to live. I'm sure you're one of the good guys, but the only objective they have is to make money

And rightfully so, thats why we all do what we do

But let's not act like LLs are doing it for the love of humanity

Like LLs are taking pride and joy into watching ppl turn that key just for the love of it

LoL

Old 02-16-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Well lets say everything went co-op over night, so what? Then NYC is ruined as per your hypothesis. So what? Life goes on.
If it is government forced, then yes it will be like a communist take over and you will have lots of people and businesses fleeing and taking their capital with them. NYC without businesses or capital would be like the South Bronx in the 70’s and 80’s where people had to burn down their own properties just to collect on the insurance because it is otherwise worthless.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
I have yet to meet a landlord who was dedicated to making sure ppl just had a nice place to live. I'm sure you're one of the good guys, but the only objective they have is to make money

Like LLs are taking pride and joy into watching ppl turn that key just for the love of it

LoL
Landlords are just like everyone else. There are good landlords and there are bad landlords. The funny part is that the good landlords often times get burned by bad tenants who take advantage of their kindness and over time, those landlords become tougher.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
If it is government forced, then yes it will be like a communist take over and you will have lots of people and businesses fleeing and taking their capital with them. NYC without businesses or capital would be like the South Bronx in the 70’s and 80’s where people had to burn down their own properties just to collect on the insurance because it is otherwise worthless.
Have you looked at housing prices in high-crime NYC neighborhoods? Why so expensive then? You would not live where I live, but explain to me why nothing turn key is less than half a million dollars. You mention Communism? Big LoL

Old 02-16-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Landlords are just like everyone else. There are good landlords and there are bad landlords. The funny part is that the good landlords often times get burned by bad tenants who take advantage of their kindness and over time, those landlords become tougher.
I worked L & T for 3.5 years while I was in college so I know there are bad eggs on both sides. Thats just Human Nature.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Have you looked at housing prices in high-crime NYC neighborhoods? Why so expensive then? You would not live where I live, but explain to me why nothing turn key is less than half a million dollars. You mention Communism? Big LoL
High crime NYC is still a part of NYC and not isolated from it. Everything NYC suffers from, in this case high housing costs, is going to affect it. With that said, relative to low crime areas, your high crime area is cheaper.

And when I said communism, I am referring to what Kefir King suggested, which is to force (by government intervention) the takeover of private property over to the public. Something that drastic would be very much akin to a communist government takeover and from history, we see the instant decline of that society.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I worked L & T for 3.5 years while I was in college so I know there are bad eggs on both sides. Thats just Human Nature.
So if you know that why would you make a generalization statement about all landlords just three posts prior?:

Quote:

LoL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City