Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 06:54 AM

107,117 posts, read 109,467,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt:if realtors are able to buy a house for undervalue and turn it around and flip it for a profit (where the flipped price is a fair market rate), then I have no problem

Opinion: You may not have a problem but for the first time home buyer who does not have the knowledge and advantage of
the realtor that does this for a living is a problem. No different than insider trading. Thanks for the post.
in reality insider trading is a problem that is not a problem .

actually no where in business does someone else not have an advantage , be it better information , better software , better employees , better analysts, etc .

to get the edge on a competitor is encouraged .

but for some reason the SEC wants equities to have this false appearance of a level playing field .

your company may have invented the cure for cancer and you told me .. so i buy your stock at 10 bucks and when word gets out it hits a hundred .. so i sell .... the next person buys and it goes to 200 ....

that stock was going to 200 whether you told me and i profited or not . the fact i had better information allowed me to profit but i had no effect on where that price went .

remember we are not talking stock manipulation and pump and dump which is fraud and a crime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City