Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 10:43 AM

62 posts, read 36,778 times

Advertisements

https://youtu.be/EdEpp4LJhRU

This video deserves it's own thread.

Socially these people are above and beyond anything you can imagine. None of these people will be brought before a United States magistrate, ever.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:55 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,407,323 times
I LOVED LOVED LOVED the residents banging their pots and pans for the health workers.

I also LOVED LOVED LOVED the FF's cheering them on as well with their trucks and sirens!!!

Old 04-04-2020, 10:58 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouldCareLess View Post

Socially these people are above and beyond anything you can imagine. None of these people will be brought before a United States magistrate, ever.
They will cry anti Semitic attack and take up all the hospital beds. Hospitals should refuse to treat them.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:06 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Are the buses better? I see ones that pass by my window and it has only 2 or 3 people max.
I've seen buses completely packed. My coworker told me she got on the bus the other morning and it was crowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Yeah. I'm shocked that the stores are now making sure people are social distancing. As recently as a couple of days ago, people were packed like sardines. Maybe that's why the lines are out the door now with security blocking the entry way.

Oh, too bad about transit. Thank you! for the info. I won't take it anytime soon, then. Though I'm wondering how my place in Manhattan is doing (crossing fingers). I'm stuck here in Queens taking care of my mom. Good luck to you for having to take it! God bless. Be careful...

Yeah, I tried calling my gym and I think ISOL on any refunds. I have awful timing because I just renewed my membership just before all this hit the fan.

My brother and sister in law are both doctors. My texts to them are short and sweet. I don't want to bug them too much. Their terse replies tell me all the info I need to know... I pray for them daily.

This tiny grocery store that I just found yesterday still have reasonable prices but...a box of pasta originally $1.29 is now $2.99! Pshawww!
Do you have a CC to dispute it with? I had a flight to Europe that was canceled and I had to dispute it on my card because the airline was not refunding me. I got the money returned to me relatively quickly.

Yep, the trains are awful. Doesn't matter where you're coming from---most of my coworkers and I are finding them relatively full. But at least many people are wearing gloves and masks---I assume this upcoming week I will see most people wearing them after what was said. If you need to head into the city I would just try going off peak---not "rush hour" times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Shop rite by me was packed and barely anything on sale. I bought paper towels, tp regular price. At least now I’m good for a couple of weeks.
No cleaning products at all.
Did you go on the weekend? I went on a weekday and in the afternoon.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:14 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
I went yesterday.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:24 AM

15,827 posts, read 14,463,105 times
I saw this previously, and I think it's been discussed before, but...

United States magistrate? For crowding together? This isn't a matter of federal law. And given that this is a religious funeral, a STRONG argument can be made that it's protected by the first amendment,

Now is it a bright idea to be doing this? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouldCareLess View Post

Old 04-04-2020, 11:33 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Anyone who gets on a subway car in NYC right now is mentally insane. I don’t care about your excuse.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-04-2020, 11:40 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Anyone who gets on a subway car in NYC right now is mentally insane. I don’t care about your excuse.
Or immune. Need to get those 10 minute test cassettes here from Europe

Old 04-04-2020, 11:40 AM

1,418 posts, read 722,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
100% Agree.

If I was still in Queens and still worked in Manhattan , I likely would be driving to work due to the low traffic, or resign.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:44 AM

1,430 posts, read 1,085,714 times
Quote:
That is what I've been saying. Mass transit including buses are a virus spreader. The leaders of NY are not
exercising good judgement here. Shut it down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City