Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 10:38 PM

11,638 posts, read 12,709,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I can say that I have met Boomers with a "let's maintain/we can't change" the status quo mentality. They are some of the most stubborn people I've ever met; it makes me curious as to how many are taking precautions against this Covid-19. How many are quarantining themselves/practicing social distancing. No one can tell them sh** and so I expect a good amount to die before it's all over.
Hmm. It's not Boomers who are hanging out on the Florida Beaches during Spring Break.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:57 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Hmm. It's not Boomers who are hanging out on the Florida Beaches during Spring Break.
But we have a few boomers on this board talking about their God given right to defy common sense ordinances to minimize it's spread, same thing

Last edited by bxlover; 03-20-2020 at 11:13 PM..

Old 03-20-2020, 11:08 PM

37,155 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Why wouldn't anyone he "hot" on this? This would be amazing news! Trump or anyone!

Fauci is just more cautious because well thats what doctors and scientists do, for good reason of course.
Maybe to not give a false sense of security for something that is not vetted in clinical trials let alone in actual deployment? There have been different drugs being tried in Wuhan since January with a released study for two promising candidates on February 4th with one being the quinine analogue chloroquine and the other being remdesivir. They had their own unique issues, though it’s still being tried and sometimes in combination and China’s regulatory environment can be really keen on fast-tracking things through and yet issues with them have meant further testing and limited deployment. Aside from that, ramping up drug production and distribution itself takes time which is the general point behind trying to quickly suppress spread if you’ve already lost the ability to track and nip it in the bud early on—you are buying yourself time to catch up and have your available resources match the spread, which for us in the US, is a spread whose scale is still unknown due to lack of tests. I certainly hope these clinical trials turn out well and that production of these drugs are then easy to scale.

Someone being “hot” on a drug doesn’t mean anything if that person doesn’t know really know anything. Not being “hot” on it doesn’t mean not backing research and trying to push through tests. I wish people would follow the actual science reporting on this and listen less to the head of the federal government as it does not relay accurate information. Dealing with this by dampening some of that noise would likely get us through this more safely and in lesser economic shambles.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 03-21-2020 at 12:37 AM..

Old 03-21-2020, 12:29 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowFamilyRedWhite&Blu View Post
LOLOLOL!!!

Stubborn??? You're welcome, my sweet, sweet child.

It's okay, get on up there and stand on our shoulders. IMHO, you need to prepare yourself, Twinkie. The glory days of being pampered are coming to an end. Medicare for all and Student Loan forgiveness are already distant dreams for another century. Before Spring is over, you'll be living in a different world. And it's going to get interesting from here on out.

Love and kisses,
Boomer from the UWS
The government will be issuing massive support for medical care, unemployment, and overall to prop up and rebuild the economy since we have outright economic destruction.

Old 03-21-2020, 12:36 AM

565 posts, read 362,091 times
Quote:
So maybe it's true that the Chinese Virus was "weaponized" to destabilize all of the West, knowing their 3,000 deaths within China was a drop in the bucket out of a country with 1.3 BILLION. Necessary collateral damage as some would see it.
Once the West is an economic basket case, come autumn a second virus will be unleashed upon the leadership and select military installations.
Then, as they'll see it, we (the US led West) are nothing more than second string competitors they may well choose to colonize. They may even be willing to provide food shipments and humanitarian aid to us as long as we behave.

Interesting times. Didn't see this coming.

I certainly did. Those of us old enough to have lived thru and remember 9/11 were warned by the Bush admin, specifically Cheney, that bio warfare was the biggest future threat. Not more planes crashing into buildings.

Think about it. This virus supposedly came from someone eating god damn bat soup in Wuhan, China. As if they just started eating that crap recently? Hell no. The timing is very suspicious, and I'm hoping the CIA is really looking into it. I blame all of this on the CIA, actually. No doubt in my mind that Brennan and his cohorts in China/Russia were involved all in an effort to bring Trump down.

Old 03-21-2020, 01:10 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
^ Interesting. Also want to add that this is all happening in an election year.

Old 03-21-2020, 01:29 AM

6,150 posts, read 4,519,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The government will be issuing massive support for medical care, unemployment, and overall to prop up and rebuild the economy since we have outright economic destruction.
But the government is already in massive debt and anything they do to "help" you, believe me you will pay it back and with interest, in ways they're right now sitting up nights thinking up. And then you'll pay more to bail out big corporations and the airline and hotel industry and a few other of the usual suspects. That check you get is just monopoly money by comparison.

Old 03-21-2020, 01:57 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
[/b]

I certainly did. Those of us old enough to have lived thru and remember 9/11 were warned by the Bush admin, specifically Cheney, that bio warfare was the biggest future threat. Not more planes crashing into buildings.

Think about it. This virus supposedly came from someone eating god damn bat soup in Wuhan, China. As if they just started eating that crap recently? Hell no. The timing is very suspicious, and I'm hoping the CIA is really looking into it. I blame all of this on the CIA, actually. No doubt in my mind that Brennan and his cohorts in China/Russia were involved all in an effort to bring Trump down.
I think this was a form of economic warfare to bring down the west. Since trump putting China in the headlock on trade.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:46 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
So maybe it's true that the Chinese Virus was "weaponized" to destabilize all of the West, knowing their 3,000 deaths within China was a drop in the bucket out of a country with 1.3 BILLION. Necessary collateral damage as some would see it.
Once the West is an economic basket case, come autumn a second virus will be unleashed upon the leadership and select military installations.
Then, as they'll see it, we (the US led West) are nothing more than second string competitors they may well choose to colonize. They may even be willing to provide food shipments and humanitarian aid to us as long as we behave.

Interesting times. Didn't see this coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
[/b]

Biological weapons are out of the question.

Similar to nuclear warheads the collateral damage is too much. Our economies are too interconnected. If PRC actually created this, then they did not shoot themselves in the foot, they shot themselves in the chest. Their economy is mortally wounded now and they are dangerously close to social upheaval of the current system. Do you think 1 Billion people are just going to continue to take this type of oppression with no economic prospects?

Old 03-21-2020, 05:12 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I think this was a form of economic warfare to bring down the west. Since trump putting China in the headlock on trade.
I think it's actually Putin. He released it in China to make us blame the Chinese. He's the one who has been working for decades to destroy the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City