Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 08:23 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
Who will leave NYC to move to Newark, Jersey City? They need to have their heads examined.....
NJ is trying to gentrify Newark. A lot of rehab is happening on apt buildings. People might be buying before it becomes too expensive.

Hoboken/Exchange Place are already maxed out and with the flooding situation is not a great place to put $ down on.

Jersey City (west of Hoboken), Union City, Weehawken, etc are decent areas to live if you want to still work in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 09:07 PM

150 posts, read 87,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Market Maven View Post
It miffs me why anyone would want to leave this great city. We and by we I mean me and my wife have built tremendous wealth here.
That was when we had Mayors who cared about the quality of life of the people of NYC. Now you and the wealthy wife might be out for a stroll and get shot by some Looting fools who should be in Rikers Island . Good luck with your Wealth in the New Detroit . Sometimes wealth doesn’t help. You sound like a homeowner who’s wealth is about to disappear.
Do me a favor and shut the lights.
“Last one out of NYC shut the lights “

Old 07-11-2020, 10:42 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,522,403 times
Interesting that Nassau/Suffolk didn’t make the list.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:44 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,522,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
Who will leave NYC to move to Newark, Jersey City? They need to have their heads examined.....
That does not literally mean Newark and JC.
It means the region of North NJ, referencing Newark since that is the biggest city.

Old 07-12-2020, 04:55 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Glad to see my state NOT on the list.

Old 07-12-2020, 05:23 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Market Maven View Post
It miffs me why anyone would want to leave this great city. We and by we I mean me and my wife have built tremendous wealth here.
Trolololololololol

Old 07-13-2020, 11:52 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,395,265 times
Most of the places on the list are close to New York lol.

So in reality only West Palm Beach, California, and Atlanta are big moves. With the way Coronavirus is spking in those places I think I'll be glad to stay in mighty NYC.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:56 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,395,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
That was when we had Mayors who cared about the quality of life of the people of NYC. Now you and the wealthy wife might be out for a stroll and get shot by some Looting fools who should be in Rikers Island . Good luck with your Wealth in the New Detroit . Sometimes wealth doesn’t help. You sound like a homeowner who’s wealth is about to disappear.
Sorry my friend but the 1980s was 30-40 years ago. Today the murder rate in NYC is a measly 3 per 100K. Im sure a wealthy wife is most likely to be murdered by her wealthy husband. Do you have any evidence of the wealth hypothesis you just made?

I dont know what the hype is about people leaving NYC. City has 8.3 million people. As if the quality of life of NYC was going to be great if we turned into one of those dense cities in India

Old 07-14-2020, 06:58 AM

34,011 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Which mayor cared about this one?

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ticle-1.475004

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-14-2020, 07:00 AM

34,011 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
^ This guy here thinks "Miracle on 34th Street" was based on a true story

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City