Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 07:19 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
Not at all. I cry identity politics all the time and am laughing my way all the way to the bank. Leftist policies benefit me a lot even though I believe in none of them. Head down, mouth shut when i cash those checks. It doesnt bother me when others think and vote like I dont. I welcome it.
You just spilled the secret why leftist policies were pushed down by the elites from up top in order for them to profit off. Why the elites aren't liberal but they stand behind leftist policies. For example over 2 decade ago opening the border was consider a republican thing opposed by the Democrats. Now they learned it's better to sell open borders through the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 11:48 AM

181 posts, read 378,731 times
I'm not moving from NYC, but I am moving from Elizabeth. Watch out Sussex because your homes fit my first time homebuyer budget.

Old 03-01-2021, 10:27 AM

10 posts, read 8,542 times
OK, but Chattanooga did not vote for Trump in 2016. It’s Hamilton County (TN) that is so red. Also, Chattanooga has had a Democratic mayor for the past 8 years, Andy Berke.

Old 03-01-2021, 03:16 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceNYC View Post
OK, but Chattanooga did not vote for Trump in 2016. It’s Hamilton County (TN) that is so red. Also, Chattanooga has had a Democratic mayor for the past 8 years, Andy Berke.
Most 'urban' areas (nationally) vote democrat, nothing new. Nashville and Memphis also vote democrat.

Old 03-01-2021, 04:42 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
You don't seem to get it. The reason why they're blue is because transplants have moved to escape blue policies. Yet, these are the same ridiculous and uninformed people who would still vote blue out of emotion. What you don't realize is that you are ruining it for the red states. If Texas turns blue, we are all screwed. Many far left blue policies are simply not good.
"Far" anything isn't good, including right. Whatever happened to being in the middle?

The political moderate is dying a slow death in this country.

I live in Texas. Austin, Texas area specifically. Funny enough, folks are fleeing Austin because it has become too "liberal" and the source of this are the "evil transplants" with their "wokeness". My county, Williamson, a longtime bastion of red is pretty much purple at this point. Texas won't turn blue....but it will turn purple. Therefore, both sides really should learn to just deal with each other. I live in a red/blue neighborhood that's maybe a tad more red. I am an independent centrist. As neighbors, we do what we need to do to get along. I don't need to have someone think the same way as me, that's their private business. And it should be private.

Old 04-26-2021, 02:52 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,007,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
I am sorry that is happening and I say that as a New Yorker. I wish states could apply their own immigration/internal migration restrictions, but unfortunately 1865 did away with state sovereignty. When our founders built the USA, states actually had their own citizenship laws.

I would be angry too if all these people were invading my own state. Let's make a deal though: let's stop forcing New York and other wealthy states to pay for broke red states like yours and in exchange for that, you could apply whatever restrictions you want against the POS New Yorkers who vote communist.

Do we have a deal?

Actually New York should pay for the “broke” red states. NY is second in income revenue only to California. Meaning New York and California make the most money out of all 50 states. Since you Marxists like to “share the wealth”, just think of it as New York “paying its fair share”

Let’s take a red state like Alabama. They don’t have any pro sports teams generating revenue, a lower cigarette tax, lower property taxes etc..so they don’t make as much money as a New York or California.

What’s fair is fair.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:24 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Actually New York should pay for the “broke” red states. NY is second in income revenue only to California. Meaning New York and California make the most money out of all 50 states. Since you Marxists like to “share the wealth”, just think of it as New York “paying its fair share”

Let’s take a red state like Alabama. They don’t have any pro sports teams generating revenue, a lower cigarette tax, lower property taxes etc..so they don’t make as much money as a New York or California.

What’s fair is fair.
Trump already did this with the SALT tax repeal that allows taxpayers in liberal coastal areas to offset their state taxes from their federal ones capped at $10k. When told to pay their fair share the way they whined and carried on made it seem like the end was coming.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:28 PM

1,274 posts, read 979,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post

What’s fair is fair.
Why is it fair though? Some states do pay more than they receive, but all they hear from red states is how high taxes are "anti constitutional" and all. If that is something they disagree with, I think it's only fair states which pay the most just stop doing so and fund their own states instead. As those receiving states certainly don't seem to be willing to thank NY for the gesture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City