Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 04:46 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times

Advertisements

Too bad about Flying Tiger, great place to pick up something unique that kids liked.

As for Paris Baguette; entire chain worldwide is on fumes. Don't think that UWS store closing will be the last.

https://www.westsiderag.com/2020/10/...vineyard-vines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 05:34 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,239,034 times
I like Paris Baguette! Sorta pricy. I used to eat at that store all the time. Bummer.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:40 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,035,009 times
Big bummer about Flying Tiger, first got turned on to that store visiting Reykjavik, then they came here - I liked picking up the odd thing there.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:20 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Paris Baguette has locations outside NYC. I was surprised. I thought it is a korean bakery started in Flushing. They definitely sell asian bakery items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF8-_-9ikgk

Old 10-17-2020, 09:32 PM

PB is all over USA and world IIRC. NYC was sort of late to the game, which is also likely why they are suffering.

Like Maison Kayser most of their locations weren't open long before covid-19 shut things down last March. I don't think their UES store at Lex and 86 was open barely a year.

PB like MK suffered or suffers from not having a plan "B". They didn't do much or any delivery, and or had limited take out. Entire sales model was based on indoor dining and or at least picking up. When that went away due to covid shut downs places were stuck with those new stores paying likely high rent but not making any money.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:42 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
I'm shocked. PB at least in Flushing was packed. Packed! So much so that I went to other bakeries because I don't do long lines. They're still around in Flushing. I was in last weekend & there was a line but nothing like before. And they do have outdoor seating. It's pretty full or was when the weather was nicer. Man, this covid...

Old 10-17-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
I'm shocked. PB at least in Flushing was packed. Packed! So much so that I went to other bakeries because I don't do long lines. They're still around in Flushing. I was in last weekend & there was a line but nothing like before. And they do have outdoor seating. It's pretty full or was when the weather was nicer. Man, this covid...
Well Flushing does have a much larger Asian demographic than say UWS. Hahahaha!

Few of PB's locations in city were being sued for back rent, but then again plenty of places stopped paying once Il Duce shut them down.

https://ny.eater.com/2020/8/17/21372...wsuit-rent-nyc

Old 10-17-2020, 09:59 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Well Flushing does have a much larger Asian demographic than say UWS. Hahahaha!

Few of PB's locations in city were being sued for back rent, but then again plenty of places stopped paying once Il Duce shut them down.

https://ny.eater.com/2020/8/17/21372...wsuit-rent-nyc
Yeah, but the customers even for Flushing were quite diverse. And the staff is diverse so it's like Pinkberry the way they draw a diverse crowd. Speaking of which, I wonder how Pinkberry is doing? I'm going to google.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but the customers even for Flushing were quite diverse. And the staff is diverse so it's like Pinkberry the way they draw a diverse crowd. Speaking of which, I wonder how Pinkberry is doing? I'm going to google.
One on UES/Second Avenue seems a bit empty since that new gelato spot opened just down the block.

I mean this time of year there is only so much demand for frozen desserts. More so this weekend as temps truly start to get chilly by early evening.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:55 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Quote:
I believe PB only has one location in the heart of Flushing, on 39th and Kissena. They used to have on Main St, and Franklin, and Roosevelt and Prince. Those two are gone. I think the one on Northern Blvd are gone too. So they were or maybe still are pulling out.

Its strange that an outside company will try to come into Chinese nabe and compete with chinese bakeries. Now that I know they arent an asian bakery Usually only fast food can do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City