Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 10:59 AM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
I'm curious, what triggered you to bringing up this?

I know nobody remotely associated with this predatory and despicable organization. I know they suffer hugely under ccp, but I cannot care less if you understand how it operates. Nothing is more entertaining for me than watching despicable forces fighting and cancelling each other.
Well, I think you said you were of Chinese descent and are talking about Asian, mostly ethnically Chinese parts of the city and among them is a surprisingly heavy Falun Gong presence. It's nowhere even close to a majority, but it is sizable and they puff up to a lot bigger in presence because they are extremely vocal and dedicated. They're decidedly among the most pro-Trump supporters among the Chinese community as I understand and they also own a decent amount of media publications that pushes such within the community. Even among people I know who are not Falun Gong seem to share on social media opinion pieces that are penned by Falun Gong organizations even if they don't explicitly seem like such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2020, 12:30 PM

Anyhow, I grew up in a Republican Asian family and many around us were, too. It's disheartening to see where the Grand Old Party has gone. This is perhaps why the National Committee of Asian American Republicans endorsed Biden this time despite having gone for the GOP ticket last time (and naturally the GOP ticket every single time before): National Committee of Asian American Republicans

Of course, the Falun Gong folks are going to vote for the incumbent as they're pretty much a fanatical single issue voting bloc. Those people are absolute nutters and my extended family had a terrible time extracting an elderly relative from them.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 11-03-2020 at 01:12 PM..

Old 11-03-2020, 03:00 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Anybody interested in betting a couple dollars on Flushing coming out red by the end of election?...If so, please PM me your bank account info.......
Majority of Flushing will vote blue because the registered voters are more likely long term democrats. Just because chinese folks maybe anti-liberal doesn't mean they like Trump.

We know almost every corner of NYC boros are red.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:24 AM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Yesterday I went to my hair salon which is run by older couple from Flushing. The husband was solidly red but the wife had turned blue because of one of their adult children had a mild case of COVID19 a couple of months ago. They are Russian speaking (Jewish) originally from Uzbekistan.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:42 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,537,213 times
I'm chinese american and I'm a lifelong Repbulican due to Ronald Reagan and Giuliani. Chinese like money more than anything, and democrats do nothing but tax us to hell. They demonize our success. They also want to deny us entry into elite schools because we study too much. Yet most asians I personally know still vote Democrat like sheep.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:50 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,537,213 times
And MAGA. Trump is the only one who is preventing previous establishment career politicians (both D and R) from selling us out to communist China. My parents fled communist china to america for a reason.

Old 11-04-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
And MAGA. Trump is the only one who is preventing previous establishment career politicians (both D and R) from selling us out to communist China. My parents fled communist china to america for a reason.
Yea, and this administration has made some pretty bad miscalculations in regards to China. They tried to make punitive trade measures against China, but at the same time made those with other countries such as our allies and essentially shifted the global supply chain and market to have less reliance on the US altogether which means the US has less political pull against China. There will only be short-term dampening on China's economy as they readjust their supply chain towards other countries, but meanwhile we'll have worsened our trade deficits and our general deficit while making ourselves less globally competitive. We've also brushed off our allies including those in East Asia who are now more and more in the position of brokering deals with the CCP.

The Soviet Union was ultimately brought down because of the general policy of containment--containment lead by the US, but enforced with its allies especially in its strong economic ties that made that alliance more materially prosperous and capable than anything the Soviet Union can muster. This administration has essentially thrown in the towel on containment and it is an incredibly short-sighted foreign policy blunder--our containment policy resembles more a policy of containing ourselves while larger trade networks adapt with us as a smaller part of it. It doesn't matter how much bluster and angry sentiment a mouthpiece has; yea, we get to relish saying things for a little bit, but it doesn't stop stupid policies from being stupid. It's idiotic sheep following a blind shepherd right off the cliff, but hopefully this is only a temporary and recoverable stumble. I truly hope you're right that most Asian did not vote for him, because if they are indeed sheep, then at least they're not following a ruinous shepherd.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 11-04-2020 at 04:35 PM..

Old 11-04-2020, 07:03 PM

565 posts, read 361,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
I'm chinese american and I'm a lifelong Repbulican due to Ronald Reagan and Giuliani. Chinese like money more than anything, and democrats do nothing but tax us to hell. They demonize our success. They also want to deny us entry into elite schools because we study too much. Yet most asians I personally know still vote Democrat like sheep.

That's how most of the Irish/Italians/Jews/Greeks voted up until the GenX generation about 20 years ago, especially after 9/11. Once you get 2nd and 3rd gen assimilated, you realize how putrid the left is and how they takith takith takith!

Chinese will come around. Give it about 10 more years and a couple more cycles of left wing crazy. No hard working people can possibly logically vote to pay more taxes...even if the roads were made of gold which we know they are all full of potholes in NYC.

Most importantly, Asians should not allow the left to lump them in with people of color. Do Chinese people, if asked, really say they are yellow? Of course they don't. It's ridiculous. Just like "white" Italians have nothing in common physically with "white" swedes or redhead Irish. Growing up in Queens in the 70s/80s/90s, even in all white areas, we never called ourselves white. We were ethnics of various diverse backgrounds and cultures and skin tone. It was actually politically incorrect growing up to say people are "colored" yet now the left and the media embrace it. Why? It aggregates everyone against "whites." Nonsense. Asians are too smart for that crap.

Last edited by QueensGuy72; 11-04-2020 at 07:11 PM..

Old 11-04-2020, 07:28 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,611,879 times
So much for the red tide in NYC.

Old 11-04-2020, 08:23 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
Staten Island is mostly republican, smart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City