Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 03:03 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,755,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Some of us have the resources to max out tax-deferred investment vehicles AND pay down our mortgages heavily.

It's easy to make a nice life when you've never cared about the stuff the boob tube tells you to buy.
LOL. You are barking up the wrong tree when it comes to consumerism and stuff. LOL. REALLY barking up the wrong tree. Quality of life is good relationships, good arts and experiences, mind expansion. It isn't consumer goods though I can afford to by most things I want pretty easily. Thing is I don't want that much.

Last edited by roseba; 12-08-2020 at 03:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2020, 04:14 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
You're the one constantly barking up my tree. I have no idea why you're obsessed with quoting my posts, but you better believe I will respond when you do.

All you have to do is stop quoting me and we'll never converse again. I have zero interest in you.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-08-2020, 04:59 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
If it weren't for my girls, I'd move to West Virginia or Idaho. As it stands, New Hampshire in the future is likely my best bet.
I thought you were moving...

Old 12-08-2020, 05:28 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I thought you were moving...
We are. Just not where I really want to be yet. Hoping to be gone between 4-6 months from now.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-09-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
You're the one constantly barking up my tree. I have no idea why you're obsessed with quoting my posts, but you better believe I will respond when you do.

All you have to do is stop quoting me and we'll never converse again. I have zero interest in you.
I respond to the terrible things you say. No one is obsessed with you... maybe your wife, I hope.

Old 12-09-2020, 05:44 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
This bill is going no where; AOC is now against it so that will be that. Hahahaha

"Carroll, a Democrat, has faced criticism within his party in the 24 hours since the op-ed published. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called the proposal a tax on the poor and working class, “who need baby formula and essential goods.”

Although the bill exempts food, diapers and medical supplies from the surcharge, Ocasio-Cortez’s critique left Carroll’s office inundated with phone calls. "

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/politi...inesses-uneasy

Old 12-09-2020, 07:55 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
This bill is going no where; AOC is now against it so that will be that. Hahahaha
Wow I actually agree with her on something

Old 12-09-2020, 08:09 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,614,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Wow I actually agree with her on something
I was going to say the exact same thing. We may not have a train to LGA... but if this passes, I'm moving tomorrow lol.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:16 AM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
It's the gift that keeps on giving....

https://www.cityandstateny.com/artic...-pandemic.html

Old 12-10-2020, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

"Carroll, a Democrat, has faced criticism within his party in the 24 hours since the op-ed published. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called the proposal a tax on the poor and working class, “who need baby formula and essential goods.”

Although the bill exempts food, diapers and medical supplies from the surcharge, Ocasio-Cortez’s critique left Carroll’s office inundated with phone calls. "

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/politi...inesses-uneasy
There is truth to that. With places like Amazon, Target, Jet that sell pretty much everything, how do you separate out essential vs. non-essential? Also, what is essential to me, may not be essential to you. Lastly, people in less wealthy neighborhoods don't have what they need within walking distance. In some other thread someone discussed having a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and a Farmer's market all within a stones throw. That's great for the person living there. But if you have to travel far, then it's not really a reasonable choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City