Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 10:58 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,748,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
City-Data is a hobby. It certainly isn't my life.

That being said, apologies if I read something unintended into your words. You're right, I'm so used to everyone and everything being either left or right that I forget that there are some rational people left in the middle.
I figured. I’m just so tired of extreme politics. Glad you feel the same. Just trying to keep “f you liberal” or visa versa out of the NYC forum best I can.

People think places like NYC and California are all “liberals”, yet these MASSIVE cities and states are much more diverse than that.

P.S. I think the majority of Americans are moderate even if they don’t want to admit it during our current political climate.

Have a happy new year!

Last edited by WhyRUMad; 12-26-2020 at 11:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 09:18 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I figured. I’m just so tired of extreme politics. Glad you feel the same. Just trying to keep “f you liberal” or visa versa out of the NYC forum best I can.

People think places like NYC and California are all “liberals”, yet these MASSIVE cities and states are much more diverse than that.

P.S. I think the majority of Americans are moderate even if they don’t want to admit it during our current political climate.

Have a happy new year!
Happy New Year to you as well!

Old 12-27-2020, 03:37 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Liberals used to fix for equal rights and opportunities. Today it's not even about that anymore, it's about anarchy. Look at what they did to Seattle, that is what they wanted. Lawlessness.

Old 12-28-2020, 05:47 AM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Liberals used to fix for equal rights and opportunities. Today it's not even about that anymore, it's about anarchy. Look at what they did to Seattle, that is what they wanted. Lawlessness.
I agree....

Old 12-28-2020, 07:03 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Response: Opinion

My Word...............so many cry babies......

The man was only expressing his right of Peaceful Protesting.........give him a break............( SARCASM ! )

Old 12-28-2020, 07:22 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
More reasons companies will not return to work in NYC anytime soon even with the vaccine. It's not safe for employees to return. That's why covid is the great reset. This will be a lost decade for NYC, I don't think NYC will ever return to the big hustle and shuffle until the government changes their stance and pushes out all the deplorables from the area. Maybe other mayor wannabees won't cuddle with BLM as much because it's the anti-police policies that will continue to hurt the city's image.

You hurt the hand that feeds you, DeBlasio! He is such an effing moron.

Old 12-28-2020, 07:23 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
According to your logic, every crime committed by one race against another is racist.
Not far wrong if the crime was murder.

Quote:
Prove that he wouldn't have done the same if the guy was white.
Or provide the tape where he mentioned Floyd's race as evidence of his racist motivation.
It is nearly impossible to prove a negative.
Hmmm, I cannot seem to figure out how to get that tape into my PC. Any suggestions?

Old 12-28-2020, 07:30 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
I look forward to being hit by a block of cider but I would prefer it melted first.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:54 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Not far wrong if the crime was murder.

It is nearly impossible to prove a negative.
Hmmm, I cannot seem to figure out how to get that tape into my PC. Any suggestions?
Impossible to prove a negative? Well, that's what you're asking Chauvin to do. You've already declared him to be a racist. How can he prove he isn't? How does he prove a negative if you yourself just admitted it's "nearly impossible"?

Hate crimes go solely to motivation, not the type of crime or the race of the parties involved. In the eyes of the law, the mere fact that a victim is of a different race than the perpetrator is not sufficient.

Old 12-28-2020, 03:54 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Response: Opinion

Thank goodness Religion wasn't dragged into this argument...................................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City