Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Too good to be true?
Yes 6 35.29%
No 11 64.71%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 07:42 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,239,628 times

Advertisements

https://www.corcoran.com/nyc-real-es...gn=HomeBooster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 08:01 PM

34,100 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
CASH BUYERS ONLY

In caps.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-26-2021, 08:05 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,239,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
CASH BUYERS ONLY

In caps.
What does that mean? Building will be foreclosed?

Old 01-26-2021, 08:13 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
CASH BUYERS ONLY

In caps.
I didn't see the "only" And the listing notes what 20% down would be for this place, so I imagine they are open to non cash buyers, too.

It does seem like a pretty good deal, but those maintenance fees are kind of high for a place of that price

Old 01-26-2021, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I didn't see the "only" And the listing notes what 20% down would be for this place, so I imagine they are open to non cash buyers, too.

It does seem like a pretty good deal, but those maintenance fees are kind of high for a place of that price
Second paragraph:

" wait-listed storage ($75). Verizon Fios is available. $199.65 Monthly Special Assessment. 7.5% Flip Tax (sell/purchase profit). LANDLEASE (2043). CASH BUYERS ONLY."

It's not even fine print

Old 01-26-2021, 08:18 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,998 times
There's a bunch of units for sale real cheap in that building. The building has a land lease, that's why the maintenance is so high and everyone in the building is trying to sell. Don't buy in that building, never buy in a building with a land lease. A land lease, means the building is leasing the property it's built on, typically a co-op building should own the property it stands on.

Old 01-26-2021, 08:23 PM

Quote:
It means no mortgage, you pay the sale price in cash

Old 01-26-2021, 08:40 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
CASH BUYERS ONLY

In caps.
Thanks. I didn't expand the passage via the "see more" tab when I first looked at it.

Old 01-26-2021, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Thanks. I didn't expand the passage via the "see more" tab when I first looked at it.
If I had the cash I would scoop it tonight TBH

Its a fantastic deal if you have the cash

Old 01-26-2021, 08:57 PM

31,912 posts, read 26,999,286 times
Quote:
No, all cash co-op buildings are common all over NYC, but many are located in Manhattan especially UES, Sutton and Beekman Place. It simply means just what it says; approved shareholders must buy with all cash, no financing allowed.

Because buyers of co-ops don't actually purchase real estate, but shares in a corporation both co-op boards and lenders have reasons for avoiding financing.

Banks usually won't lend for a co-op without something from board that gives them right to get at the apartment (shares) if borrower defaults on loan. Co-op board OTOH may not want just anyone buying a foreclosed note and getting into their building.

Trend in condos has been growing in city because they just like a private house can be wholly or partially financed. Before things hit the fan with 2008 real estate meltdown you had buildings where people had nil to no skin in the game.. unit after unit bought with credit. When borrowers defaulted banks were left holding the bag, and buildings full of foreclosed units.

Ironically it was the staid white glove co-op buildings with their strict financial requirements that withstood that upheaval and subsequent aftershocks rather well. Their insistence on shareholders meeting strict guidelines for approval meant you didn't have hordes of people living in a building who were over extended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City