Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 08:35 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times

Advertisements

Although I qualify as group 1b, I am unable to find any location the vaccine.

Most infuriating is the City site that demands you answer about 20 questions before you are told "Sorry, no appointments available." I have spent hours wasting my time. If they have no vaccine, wouldn't it be beneficial to tell you that BEFORE making you fill out forms?

Does anyone have any tips on how to get an appointment for a shot? Best locations, etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 09:03 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Response: Opinion

Just keep making those phone calls to see if appointments are available.
That is what a family doctor told my friend. Keep calling everyday....

Meanwhile...

Something to think about.

My relative's wife just admitted to hospital for Covid.
Meanwhile husband and daughter living under the
same roof were scared to death to have contracted same.
Test after test coming back negative. They are both fine.
Go figure?

Covid is not random.
Certain conditions must be met .

Old 02-01-2021, 01:28 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post

Most infuriating is the City site that demands you answer about 20 questions before you are told "Sorry, no appointments available." I have spent hours wasting my time. If they have no vaccine, wouldn't it be beneficial to tell you that BEFORE making you fill out forms?

Does anyone have any tips on how to get an appointment for a shot? Best locations, etc.?
There's not just one group 1b, there's group 1b first and group 1b second

They have not green lit the second part of group 1b yet

Also right now they will not open anything because they have to reschedule all of today's cancelled appointments

Old 02-01-2021, 01:40 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Ok, why do you need the vaccine? Do you need to go out a lot? Do you need to be in public with random strangers? If you're sitting home 90% of the times why do you need it?

Old 02-01-2021, 01:44 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Ok, why do you need the vaccine? Do you need to go out a lot? Do you need to be in public with random strangers? If you're sitting home 90% of the times why do you need it?
10% of 24 hours

2.4 hours

(1.6, waking hours)

Old 02-01-2021, 02:21 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,035,606 times
Quote:

Just have to keep trying and checking. Went through this with my 82 year old dad (in Florida) - finally was successful last Wednesday after I noticed on the County health department site that phone lines were still open even after getting an "all appointments booked" message an hour before, so I called and there was an opening, he got his 1st vaccine on Friday.

Old 02-01-2021, 02:22 PM

644 posts, read 307,599 times
Quote:
Maybe try this site: https://nycvaccinelist.com/?fbclid=I...yVLvGlQxrbdZOw

It seems a little glitchy though. FWIW I heard a couple of days ago that Abraham Lincoln HS does have availability but isn't showing up on websites with free appointments. Could be that other sites have the same thing going on. Maybe call and ask (not today of course!)

Old 02-01-2021, 02:23 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,035,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
There's not just one group 1b, there's group 1b first and group 1b second

They have not green lit the second part of group 1b yet

Also right now they will not open anything because they have to reschedule all of today's cancelled appointments
Seniors have been eligible for a few weeks already.

Old 02-01-2021, 03:16 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Seniors have been eligible for a few weeks already.
This is the second part of 1b:

Phase 1b:
  • Likely starting February 2021
  • Other frontline essential workers (to be determined by New York State)
  • Other at-risk groups (to be determined by New York State)

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/...igibility.page

Old 02-01-2021, 03:27 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,472,420 times
Quote:

Who can we blame?

Trump is gone, so pick either Cuomo or Biden. You can do it... let me see you say it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City