Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 03:06 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,719,419 times

Advertisements

yes but Channel avocados are $35
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2021, 03:10 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
The problem is lack of consequences. There is no punishment for criminals. It's worth it. Make it not worth it and things will change.
Brazil implimented this by giving police the green light to gun down suspects during crimes in progress.

It hasn't curbed crime in Brazil.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:03 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,842,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
arm the citizens they're after the $2000 hand bags !!!
They would rather have those than pay the rent.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:04 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,295,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
This is a long thread....Has anything been solved?
Not that I know of. Still looking for the perps while other people continue stealing from other stores.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:24 AM

1,059 posts, read 548,436 times
Quote:
Some solutions other than killing people:
Put nice gold plated chains on bags with locks attached to the table and more things in glass cases, things that would slow down these quick snatch and grab robbers who rely on speed.
Embed GPS trackers in the item. The customer can look at the floor item with the GPS hidden inside it but if they want to buy it a new one is sold to them without the GPS tracker. The snatch and grab crew unknowingly takes the one with the GPS tracker
One of the pleasures of shopping in Lord and Taylor for me was being able to take as many items as I wanted into the dressing room without having to get a numbered tag and possibly having to break my items down into several sessions. People who shop in luxury stores and pay luxury prices will not want to deal with chained down items and almost everything else in a glass case.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:43 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
One of the pleasures of shopping in Lord and Taylor for me was being able to take as many items as I wanted into the dressing room without having to get a numbered tag and possibly having to break my items down into several sessions. People who shop in luxury stores and pay luxury prices will not want to deal with chained down items and almost everything else in a glass case.
High end shops don't put items out for anyone to grab. Aside from displays getting a pair or shoes or designer handbag in Gucci or Ferragamo requires asking an associate.

Even big box retailers typically keep the high end stuff under lock & key unless asked for.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTI9Yyxqzhs

The don't put the high ticket $2000 items several feet from the door at Lord and Taylor

start at 4:03 entering the store, perfume section like they do at Macys, also noticing through the door at 4:07 on the right, the stocky security guard.

There is someone watching on cameras in a security office. As soon as people are seen taking items other security guards will appear and be waiting for them by the door (this is not in the video but this is how they do it (did) )

Last edited by jonbenson; 02-11-2021 at 11:08 AM..

Old 02-11-2021, 11:11 AM

926 posts, read 417,625 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTI9Yyxqzhs

The don't put the high ticket $2000 items several feet from the door at Lord and Taylor

start at 4:03 entering the store, perfume section like they do at Macys, also noticing through the door at 4:07 on the right, the stocky security guard.

There is someone watching on cameras in a security office. As soon as people are seen taking items other security guards will appear and be waiting for them by the door (this is not in the video but this is how they do it)
You really can't compare Lord & Taylor and Macy's to Hermes and Chanel, though. They are in two different leagues.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:15 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqrLOQxt36g

tour of Channel and other stores, Soho, October
start at 2:40

Old 02-11-2021, 01:37 PM

1,059 posts, read 548,436 times
A&S in downtown Brooklyn (now a Macy*s branch) had to close off one of the back doors in the men's department because groups like this would come in, grab stacks of jeans off the counters and run out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City