Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 10:45 AM

15,925 posts, read 14,628,343 times

Advertisements

One other thing about Schumer, he'll win handily. That's a given. But I really doubt he'll drive turnout. It's not a competive race. I'm not sure how many people realize he's up for reelection. So saying Hochul will ride his coat tails 8s far from a given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Look at the Senate poll. Same people voting. Schumer still holds a strong lead. Unless many voters are bi-polar, this poll is just noise.

All Hochul has to do is turn out voters in NYC and the party machine knows how to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2022, 03:50 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,977,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You park in Queens and then take an Uber into Manhattan? Why not just drive in? Uber can't be much cheaper.
I hate NYC drivers with a passion and don't want to deal with them more than I have to. Cross into Queens via Whitestone or Throggs Neck, park at my parent's old place and not have to worry about it. It's not a money thing, it's all about avoiding the aggravation.

Based on what I'm reading these days, this congestion pricing will pass.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:47 PM

Apparently the Republicans see this issue as one worth hammering on...

https://nypost.com/2022/09/04/ny-rep...ion-toll-plan/

Old 09-04-2022, 05:15 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,297,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
LI turned fully red last election.
Low voter turn out on democratic side might just do them in I hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
One other thing about Schumer, he'll win handily. That's a given. But I really doubt he'll drive turnout. It's not a competive race. I'm not sure how many people realize he's up for reelection. So saying Hochul will ride his coat tails 8s far from a given
I won't say it's impossible but it's virtually impossible that a Dem gets elected /re-elected as senator and a Dem governor loses in the same election.

Why would a voter vote for Zeldin and Schumer on the same ticket? Hochul and Schumer represent the same narrative.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:02 PM

14,138 posts, read 14,113,111 times
A better idea is just put toll on East River bridges $3.50 NY residents and $6.50 non NY residents on Brooklyn, Manhattan, Williamsburg, Queensboro bridges instead of congestion pricing.

Old 09-04-2022, 07:12 PM

No, just raise the fairs until they cover at least the operating expenses of the system. Why should drivers subsidize transit users. Tolls should only be used to build / maintain roads, bridges, and tunnels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
A better idea is just put toll on East River bridges $3.50 NY residents and $6.50 non NY residents on Brooklyn, Manhattan, Williamsburg, Queensboro bridges instead of congestion pricing.

Old 09-04-2022, 07:57 PM

14,138 posts, read 14,113,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
No, just raise the fairs until they cover at least the operating expenses of the system. Why should drivers subsidize transit users. Tolls should only be used to build / maintain roads, bridges, and tunnels.

MTA mismanage their funds they need bailout every year

Old 09-04-2022, 08:15 PM

So give them less money and apply a lot of pressure to maintain service levels. Really, a lot of the MTA's operations a should be outsourced, with competitive bidding, used to keep costs down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
MTA mismanage their funds they need bailout every year

Old 09-04-2022, 08:59 PM

12,799 posts, read 8,418,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I hate NYC drivers with a passion and don't want to deal with them more than I have to. Cross into Queens via Whitestone or Throggs Neck, park at my parent's old place and not have to worry about it. It's not a money thing, it's all about avoiding the aggravation.

Based on what I'm reading these days, this congestion pricing will pass.
Congestion pricing is already State law, so it's not about it passing. The only question is what the fee will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Congratulations, you'll be voting for a loser. Is that supposed to make your complaints more valid?
At least I vote. You may be one of these people that ***** but don't vote. But yes, tell us more about Hochul and how you she is helping to destroy NY. :hand:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City