Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 03:52 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,791,717 times

Advertisements

Oh... I struggle to even wear one although now that it's colder, it's not all that bad. Still not going to do it esp. in the summer months but for those who wish to, FYI on how to do it properly.

https://ilovetheupperwestside.com/ti...erm=2021-02-21

NYC has adjusted its guidance on mask-wearing. Mayor de Blasio and Health Commissioner Dr. Dave Chokshi are now encouraging New Yorkers to wear two face masks to more aggressively protect themselves from the spread of COVID-19.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 04:05 PM

107,000 posts, read 109,295,440 times
If you are vaccinated my expert sources say it is not needed ....there is just about 100% chance of not getting covid bad enough to even be hospitalized...anything you get will be no worse than a cold or mild flu ....after 28 days all of the vaccines have been showing the same , no severe covid , no deaths.

The J&J one has demonstrated that even on the South African variant.

In fact vaccinated don’t even need masks when with other vaccinated people indoors

Old 02-22-2021, 04:27 PM

1,052 posts, read 455,391 times
I love how NOW all of a sudden they're admitting those dingy little cloth masks and bandanas aren't very effective at all. Like, this was well known since the start of the pandemic. If you truly want protection from a mask and to protect others, wear one of the KN95 or N95 types. Far, far better than 2 masks

And if you're vaccinated, you don't need a mask period

Old 02-22-2021, 04:31 PM

19,080 posts, read 14,035,845 times
They're lucky I wear one.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-22-2021, 04:44 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,248,723 times
All I see is masks under the nose

Old 02-22-2021, 04:58 PM

107,000 posts, read 109,295,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
I love how NOW all of a sudden they're admitting those dingy little cloth masks and bandanas aren't very effective at all. Like, this was well known since the start of the pandemic. If you truly want protection from a mask and to protect others, wear one of the KN95 or N95 types. Far, far better than 2 masks

The kn95 is way to uncomfortable to wear very long for the average person , they won’t do it ....once vaccinated one cloth mask cuts viral levels low enough to be just fine.

In fact they have worked just fine up to now and cut the viral load down a lot

Old 02-22-2021, 05:17 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,777,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
The kn95 is way to uncomfortable to wear very long for the average person , they won’t do it ....once vaccinated one cloth mask cuts viral levels low enough to be just fine.

In fact they have worked just fine up to now and cut the viral load down a lot
That is not true at all, I've wore both kn95 and n95 mask and find kn95 to be more comfortable. N95 is simply much more durable and highly reusable. Hospital workers wear them all day long.

I really don't care what type of mask people wear but you have to look at the environment. Don't get into a close indoor environment with strangers. Even people you know, you have to ask them questions when they've been tested and have them have any symptoms. People let their guards down too easily with family members and that's how people get infected.

Old 02-22-2021, 05:35 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post

If you wear two masks, or a mask made of two layers of dense fabric it approaches the filtration effectiveness of the KN95 or N95
However a big thing N95 is that the straps that go all the way around the head make the fit superior to those ear loop masks, even some of the K95s have the earloops

Old 02-22-2021, 07:06 PM

3,159 posts, read 2,763,881 times
They've always said that the cloth masks offer limited protection--just a lot better than nothing when you're scrambling for every ICU bed.

I wear glasses so it's actually better for me to double-mask. Less fogging.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:02 PM

565 posts, read 363,509 times
If you've been vaccinated and/or have beat the covid virus and have immunity, stop the mask nonsense. The nazis that run this city and state will NEVER give us our rights back if we don't push back - and being a bunch of sheep wearing masks for no reason is exactly what they love to see.

And if you refuse to get vaccinated, then get ready to catch covid eventually and deal with it but you ain't gonna ruin life for the rest of us. We're going back to normal by end of this Summer with or without ya'll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City