Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 05:53 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times

Advertisements

By the time the call to 911 ended so would have the attack. In the case at hand, such a call would have been completely useless.

Most effective measure would have been to get a good clear picture of the attacker so later apprehension and conviction be made more likely.

Strong union will guarantee these Brodsky employees get their jobs back WITH PAY for time lost...exactly the most reasonable outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 06:15 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
They closed the damn door. Stood their and watched, even let someone in the building leave while they all stood and watched some more. Common now...

yes, this was the problem we are all having, once the criminal had left, the both doorman and fed ex man for that matter should have immedietely ran out to help her, I know I would have, as opposed to casually, just closing the door and leaving here there on the ground, that's what everyone is upset over.

we know they didn't wanna get involved wit the crazy man for fear for themselves, and that we can all are is justified, but to (after the criminal leaves) just walk over and close the door.
Nope, I have a problem with that.

never mind what is your job and what is not your job, hello????
humanity is paramount.
they should have of went out to be near her and comfort her until EMS or Police came, that much they could have and should have of done.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:44 AM

3,140 posts, read 2,733,403 times
"By the time the call to 911 ended so would have the attack. In the case at hand, such a call would have been completely useless."

Even if it had been, which frankly no one could predict...you do know 911 brings ambulances, too, right, KK?

Old 04-12-2021, 11:05 AM

5,683 posts, read 2,612,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
By the time the call to 911 ended so would have the attack. In the case at hand, such a call would have been completely useless.

Most effective measure would have been to get a good clear picture of the attacker so later apprehension and conviction be made more likely.

Strong union will guarantee these Brodsky employees get their jobs back WITH PAY for time lost...exactly the most reasonable outcome.
Are you kidding me, why would calling 911 be useless

When you call 911, an ambulance, police and fire truck would've come to the scene.
Calling could save a victims life.

And people who close the door after watching an attack aren't likely to be a witness to catch the person

Old 04-12-2021, 11:10 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
how long will this thread continue? Everyone is now talking in hindsight.

focus on the criminal. There might be more out and about...

Last edited by Mr. Ryu; 04-12-2021 at 12:00 PM..

Old 04-12-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

we know they didn't wanna get involved wit the crazy man for fear for themselves, and that we can all are is justified, but to (after the criminal leaves) just walk over and close the door.

humanity is paramount.
they should have of went out to be near her and comfort her until EMS or Police came, that much they could have and should have of done.
Exactly, not everyone is gonna get involved. And that is ok. I don't think anyone's upset they didn't go out and put themselves in harms way. It's their cold, response. I'm still amazed too they let the woman out of the building. You'd think they say please stay here a bit, someone just got violently assaulted outside. It may not be safe. Since clearly they didn't think it was safe, all hiding inside behind a closed door.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:32 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Exactly maybe the employer doesn't want ****ty human beings working for them.

Please they will go on employment. Right now they will get 800 a week. Maybe they can use the time to do some self-reflectioning figure out how to be a better human being.
Like I said earlier in the thread, let's see how big your balls are if you are faced with the same situation.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:37 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
how long will this thread continue? Everyone is now talking in hindsight.

focus on the criminal. There might be more out and about...
Welcome to the leftist NYC. Where the criminal's actions are justified and passersby's are condemned. **** all of you scumbags. Your ****ty politics ruined a great city. I hope each and every one of you suffers a worse fate by a perp. Each and every one of you bleeding heart scumbags deserves every ounce of physical pain, mental anguish, and hopefully death at the hands of an ex-con and felon. Your kids deserve it too.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:38 PM

155 posts, read 121,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
yes, this was the problem we are all having, once the criminal had left, the both doorman and fed ex man for that matter should have immedietely ran out to help her, I know I would have, as opposed to casually, just closing the door and leaving here there on the ground, that's what everyone is upset over.

humanity is paramount.
They did not close the door after the attacker walked away. They closed the door during the attack. Once the attacker, who was armed with a knife, and brandished the knife at an Fedex worker who attempted to intervene, got far enough away, the doormen aided the victim and flagged down a nearby police vehicle.

Facts and fact pattern are important.

And unfortunately, humanity is almost non-existent on our streets. I mean, just take a look at the individual who committed this crime and his prior crimes. No humanity there. And these are the folks who walk the street among us law abiding individuals. It's no wonder why most people when faced with these situations would just rather not get involved.

Too much 'should've, could've, would've and virtue signaling online.

Old 04-12-2021, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Like I said earlier in the thread, let's see how big your balls are if you are faced with the same situation.
Sorry I'm not in the correct body to have balls.
I have witness crimes and intervened and I have called 911. I've also been a victim of a crime and fought my attacker off myself while others stood around and watched.
Says someone barely a 100 pounds.

As I said above NO one expected these men to go out and play superman but they didn't flag down a cop and they did not call 911. Now they will collect unemployment, probably colleting more then they made at their job.

Last edited by 90sSitcom; 04-12-2021 at 05:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City