Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 07:23 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Giuliani senior may be losing his marbles, but Giuliani junior is standing in the wings.

Andrew Giuliani is thinking of running for governor. Despite having zero experience in an elected office. He's supposedly very chummy with Trump, so maybe he was told that New York is so simple that it requires no experience.

Rudy Giuliani’s Son Andrew Says He’s Running for Governor of New York in 2022
https://people.com/politics/andrew-g...-york-in-2022/

Extra Extra: Rudy Giuliani's Son Reportedly Wants To Run For Governor Of New York
https://gothamist.com/news/extra-extra-lazy-fetch-dog

Andrew Giuliani, former Trump aide and son of Rudy Giuliani, says he plans to run for governor of New York
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/polit...ace/index.html

Rudy Giuliani's Son Andrew Giuliani to Run for N.Y. Governor After Cuomo Ran State Into 'Ground'
https://www.newsweek.com/rudy-giulia...ground-1581656
He looks like a shhmuck but with that name 100% going to be elected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 09:25 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
I don't think his kid has Rudy's law enforcement chops. I'd like to see a hard core prosecutor run on the republican line for governor and/or mayor. Im sick of criminal apologists running everything.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:44 PM

6,685 posts, read 6,031,429 times
actually.... I think Curtis Sliwa would be awesome for NYC. I'll never forget the day back in the 80's when I was a small child, and my mother took us to my aunt's house who lived in the south Bronx - the burning south Bronx mind you, and she called a cab to take us back home to Inwood, but the stupid cab took forever to come. We waited for like a damn hour on the street, no kidding. (Uber would 've been nice to have back then, trust me when I tell you). Anyways, as we waited amidst the burnt buildings and the unsafe looking streets, the Guardian Angels all of a sudden appeared and accompanied us until the cab came! My mother was alone with only us three kids in the dark and like five guardian angels appeared and just watched our backs. Ill never forget the feeling of safety and amazement. They even opened the door for us. I wanted to talk to them, but they were like soldiers. I felt like lady Diana being watched over. (I remember making that comparison in my mind, oh yes, I'm royalty! Well, what do kids know lol). Dam girl... the memories... the memories... Anyway, he has my vote!

Old 04-13-2021, 05:06 AM

16,050 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Giuliani senior may be losing his marbles, but Giuliani junior is standing in the wings.

Andrew Giuliani is thinking of running for governor.

Response: Opinion

A welcoming breath of fresh air.

Any person that steps into office will have to clean up the dirty toilet Billy has left behind.
Doesn't matter if he is experienced or not. All it takes is someone with the guts to pick up
that brush and start cleaning.

Old 04-13-2021, 06:26 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Isn’t it crazy that we rather go for the lesser failure as a candidate.

Political system is a joke. It’s a business.
What does this mean? What lesser failure vs. greater failure?

Old 04-13-2021, 06:27 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG2020 View Post
But it's true... do we have a single Republican candidate for mayor with a strong campaign and good name recognition? And this is the year when any halfway decent R candidate could capitalize on all the fed-up people without breaking a sweat. Running New York isn't simple, but running for office in NY... yes, it's simple, he'd be a pretty big fish in a small pond just because people recognize the name.
Wouldn't it be lovely if, instead of going for candidates with a strong campaign and good name recognition, we went for candidates with brains and experience?

Old 04-13-2021, 06:35 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
He looks like a shhmuck but with that name 100% going to be elected
Not in a million, trillion years will this 35 year old nobody whose entire political experience is encompassed in being the child of a former mayor and Associate Director of some b.s. office in Trumpworld will win dogcatcher, much less governorship.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:52 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,348 times
Didn't both the Giuliani kids have a strained relationship with pop?

Old 04-15-2021, 12:14 PM

84 posts, read 58,624 times
Quote:
Wouldn't it be lovely if, instead of going for candidates with a strong campaign and good name recognition, we went for candidates with brains and experience?
Well, as long as we're fantasizing here, I'd like to wish for a Lamborghini and a half dozen lingerie models.

Old 04-15-2021, 01:21 PM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Three long time posters breaking obvious rules today. Something in the water?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: