Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 11:42 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,070,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Bwahahaha. Talking about the rich, I was just watching a recap of Prince Phillip's funeral which had me feeling pretty bummed (not that I particularly cared about him but all funerals kind of make me feel somber) so I was in need of a laugh. Thanks for the chuckle!
No need to be bummed over the Duke of Edinburgh, he led a life that 99.99% of us could only dream about. Had a troubled youth to build humility and character; had a distinguished service record in (what used to be) the greatest Navy in the world during a conflict that threatened his adopted country's very existence; married a decent looking girl (a princess and future queen, no less); had a passel of kids, grandkids, and great-grands he got to know and guide. Had the wealth of a King but never lost touch with the "common man" (and reportedly preferred their company), and lived a long, long, life, one of duty and commitment. A life to celebrate, not mourn - Godspeed, Phillip.

Back to New Yawk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 05:22 AM

8,378 posts, read 4,395,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
That's true on an individual level. But if all the low-end people turned their backs, and the super-rich had to mop their own floors? Horrors!

And no one is hating them because of their money. They're being hated as deserters.

Reading an advertisement:
iRobot has a pair of new cleaning robots, the Roomba s9 + Braava Jet m6, that can work in tandem to vacuum, mop, and dust your house. etc. etc.

(My note: Roomba has been around for a long time now, and lots of people have Roombas, not just the super-rich. Braava is the newer one that mops, and the basic model costs $400. The combination of the newest two models mentioned in the above ad looks like it costs $1,100. Comparable to the cost of cellphones).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: