Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 08:00 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I was out to dinner in flatiron tonight, and it was very closely resembling "old times." Tons of people out, the restaurant was nearly full, and it's great to see people walking without masks outside (if vaxxed).

The subways too have been getting noticeably more crowded.
Have been walking without a mask outside since March 2020.

Manahttan, by far, was the borough filled with the most morons who wore masks outside when they weren't even anywhere near another human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 08:29 AM

1,142 posts, read 857,406 times
I just hope it stays like this. I try not to get too comfortable with going back to normal (although I really want to) knowing the dangerous dictator politicians are still in charge. There is always this fear in the back of mind that come this Fall, Cuomo will go back to restrictions even if there is just a small surge in cases again. Am I just being paranoid?

Old 05-24-2021, 05:42 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,881,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Have been walking without a mask outside since March 2020.

Manahttan, by far, was the borough filled with the most morons who wore masks outside when they weren't even anywhere near another human.
You're not supposed to touch your mask repeatedly.

If you're in Manhattan going to multiple stores it doesn't make sense to keep taking your mask off.

Old 05-24-2021, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
I just hope it stays like this. I try not to get too comfortable with going back to normal (although I really want to) knowing the dangerous dictator politicians are still in charge. There is always this fear in the back of mind that come this Fall, Cuomo will go back to restrictions even if there is just a small surge in cases again. Am I just being paranoid?
If they open immigration too much we'll be back to restrictions in the fall. They need to make sure no variants are allowed in.

Old 05-24-2021, 05:54 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
You're not supposed to touch your mask repeatedly.

If you're in Manhattan going to multiple stores it doesn't make sense to keep taking your mask off.
Touching your make won't make a difference when it comes to COVID.

This was in settings where people were clearly not running in and out of stores.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:10 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,487,542 times
Quote:
Yes, I noticed that too. Some bars are requiring vaccine proof (especially in Williamsburg). However other dives I have been to in Manhattan are fully open with no social distancing nor asking for vaccine proof. I do NOT believe bars have to ask for vaccine proof in order to operate full capacity/no social distancing. The actual state guidelines seem to be going by the honor system. Also what is accepted as vaccine proof? I did not see any official guidance from the state on that either. The one bar I went to were accepting photos of vaccine cards on phones. I am assuming thats all folks need because I really dont want to carry the physical card with me every time I go bar hopping.
The bar I went to in Chelsea this weekend took the Excelsior, the physical card, or a picture of it.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:45 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,605,106 times
What's the Excelsior?

Old 05-24-2021, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
What's the Excelsior?
It is a very poorly designed app (very unreliable according to google app store reviews) that ONLY works for those vaccinated in NY State. It is used to store your vaccine info like a vaccine digital passport. Personally, I think you are better off by simply keeping a picture of your vaccine card on your phone in case a bar/restaurant requests proof of vaccination (which I do not believe is 100% legal either).

Old 05-24-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
It is a very poorly designed app (very unreliable according to google app store reviews) that ONLY works for those vaccinated in NY State. It is used to store your vaccine info like a vaccine digital passport. Personally, I think you are better off by simply keeping a picture of your vaccine card on your phone in case a bar/restaurant requests proof of vaccination (which I do not believe is 100% legal either).
The difference is you cannot get Excelsior unless you actually got a vaccine. So no fraud. When you get vaccinated the people at the store have you check into this NYS Department of Health site. That info is passed to Excelsior.

Also you can scan Excelsior QR codes which allows for quick processing in retail storefronts.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
The difference is you cannot get Excelsior unless you actually got a vaccine. So no fraud. When you get vaccinated the people at the store have you check into this NYS Department of Health site. That info is passed to Excelsior.

Also you can scan Excelsior QR codes which allows for quick processing in retail storefronts.
Actually there has already been a few reports of fraud using the Excelsior pass. Also, what good is it when thousands of people travel to NY from different states and places where this pass cannot be used anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: