Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 02:31 PM

8,395 posts, read 4,424,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I so agree. I was married for 12 years and didn’t want children. Ive been single for more than a decade now and have found (through personal experience) that people find single women without children as irresponsible, selfish and too career focused.

I have always been unmarried (although had several long relationships), am a woman, and had decided early in life that I did not want children (which was the best decision I ever made). Except for dumb folks about whose opinion I don't care anyway, I have not encountered any negative attitudes towards single women without children - possibly because in my former profession (I am retired now) being "too career focused" was expected, and logically considered the opposite of irresponsible or selfish :-). For women of my profession (same as for men), their professional performance was the only thing that was socially scrutinized; what they did privately (including whether they married and/or had kids) was all optional and irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2021, 06:04 PM

30,693 posts, read 18,319,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
I have always been unmarried (although had several long relationships), am a woman, and had decided early in life that I did not want children (which was the best decision I ever made). Except for dumb folks about whose opinion I don't care anyway, I have not encountered any negative attitudes towards single women without children - possibly because in my former profession (I am retired now) being "too career focused" was expected, and logically considered the opposite of irresponsible or selfish :-). For women of my profession (same as for men), their professional performance was the only thing that was socially scrutinized; what they did privately (including whether they married and/or had kids) was all optional and irrelevant.
I grew up in the kind of community where single men and single women were looked down upon as if something was wrong with them (or gay, which in my community was the worst of something being wrong ). But those were beliefs I gladly left behind and, indeed, never took up myself. I say good for those who are happily single. Likewise, good for those who are not. I will say that I have never heard single people described as irresponsible. Many other things, yes. Just not irresponsible.

Old 12-05-2021, 06:33 PM

19,076 posts, read 14,017,666 times
It really is mind blowing how strongly NYC prioritizes savages over civil humans. What a shame for the good people who are terrorized by the scum who now enjoy the result of universal suffrage tipping the scales in their favor. Thank god I was able to get out (and can carry a gun whenever I am stuck going in). I just wish the rest of my family would leave.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-05-2021, 08:03 PM

2,450 posts, read 976,048 times
Hey Adams, you're on the clock bro. Clean this **** hole up or feel the wrath of normal society. I guess White Supremecy made this savage do what he did. These people are animals with no future and no right to be living among us. I'm actually surprised he wasn't released ROR, or with low bail.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:06 PM

2,450 posts, read 976,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Children who experience neglect suffer from cognitive development. This is a fact.

You ever been to a school (as an adult) that pretty much consists of kids from the PJs?

Do you really think "racism" turns people dumb? If that was the case, Jews would be the dumbest MFers on earth.
In the Congo, they kill the savage, retarded apes and chimps. It should be no different here.

Old 12-06-2021, 05:45 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,901,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Hey Adams, you're on the clock bro. Clean this **** hole up or feel the wrath of normal society. I guess White Supremecy made this savage do what he did. These people are animals with no future and no right to be living among us. I'm actually surprised he wasn't released ROR, or with low bail.
1/1/2022

I'll give it 6-12 months to cleanup DeBum's mess so maybe by 4th of July things will get better?

Old 12-06-2021, 06:08 AM

19,076 posts, read 14,017,666 times
He can't change anything without state laws changing. NYC cops are powerless to effect change and sitting ducks if they try to.

There's no changing NY/NYC until the voting bloc of underclass losers is somehow overcome.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-06-2021, 07:44 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,261,706 times
How's that defund the police working out?

Old 12-06-2021, 07:50 AM

8,395 posts, read 4,424,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
He can't change anything without state laws changing. NYC cops are powerless to effect change and sitting ducks if they try to.

There's no changing NY/NYC until the voting bloc of underclass losers is somehow overcome.

In an update, the second victim (the 27 year old who is recovering) is actually not a tourist, but a visiting grad student from Univ of Milan, who just arrived for several months of research at Columbia. It is odd that both victims were PhD students from Northern Italy - wonder if it is just a peculiar coincidence, or if they were for some reason targeted.

Presumably the defense will try to be psychiatric, I don't see what else. I have not read any kind of statement from Adams (BDB is irrelevant at this point, and best forgotten asap), or even from Sliwa, or any other local political figure - does anyone know if there has been any statement so far? Or is this something too real to be verbally scrubbed off, so they can't even think what to "safely" say about it?

Old 12-06-2021, 10:57 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,901,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
In an update, the second victim (the 27 year old who is recovering) is actually not a tourist, but a visiting grad student from Univ of Milan, who just arrived for several months of research at Columbia. It is odd that both victims were PhD students from Northern Italy - wonder if it is just a peculiar coincidence, or if they were for some reason targeted.

Presumably the defense will try to be psychiatric, I don't see what else. I have not read any kind of statement from Adams (BDB is irrelevant at this point, and best forgotten asap), or even from Sliwa, or any other local political figure - does anyone know if there has been any statement so far? Or is this something too real to be verbally scrubbed off, so they can't even think what to "safely" say about it?
This is somewhat suspicious

I wonder if this is an authorized hit and "warning" from La famiglia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City