Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 08:24 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,167,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
No, only for perps. Real people would be arrested and face consequences. Perps would be arrested, released, and just not go back to court.
This is true. But people dont want to be raped, robbed and murdered so some will go by the judgment by 12 vs carried by 6. The human survival instinct is powerful. There have been cases of smaller weaker people surving deadly encounters against strong attackers and escaping. Adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

Can be a life altering encounter either way. Sadly more likely for us due to the city being violent criminals playground in these times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2021, 08:08 PM

2,450 posts, read 977,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
The real question is, if a thug attempts to harm you or your family and you tase him, he dies, will you be charged with excessive force?
you shouldn't be sticking around long enough to find out.

Old 03-23-2022, 05:20 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,567,704 times
Anyone know of a good taser to buy online…one that is reliable and effective? One that is wand shaped instead of a pistol shape.

Last edited by JL; 03-23-2022 at 05:42 PM..

Old 03-23-2022, 05:37 PM

44 posts, read 16,665 times
Here is a nice little unit for dealing with those pesky subway attackers

[url]https://taser.com/products/taser-7cq-home-defense[/url]

Old 03-23-2022, 06:22 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,775,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotInNYC View Post
Here is a nice little unit for dealing with those pesky subway attackers

https://taser.com/products/taser-7cq-home-defense
I have their Strikelight 2 in my car for light work. I’m dying to trying it out to see how powerful it is. I’ll probably get a friend to hit me with it to check it out first.

Old 03-23-2022, 06:35 PM

1,435 posts, read 736,422 times
Self defense is illegal in NYC due to racism.

Old 03-23-2022, 06:51 PM

“ I have the strikelight 2 in my car for light work.” Haha how nice.

The thing about all these subway attacks is the victims are always caught off guard. The attackers come from out of nowhere really fast. Even vigilant people with street smarts are caught off guard and then in a state of surprise after the attack happens.

Myself, I am always vigilant and watching around my back and scanning my environments. On the sidewalks I look behind me and if a person looks stressed or they look off, I will pull over and wait for them to pass. So I go into high cortisol mode outside.

Just today: I walked down to a subway platform at Grand Central and saw on the other platform a woman was attacked in the face and a couple police were there consoling her. She said somebody punched her in the face. There was blood. It was a middle aged black woman and she looked street smart like a native New Yorker possibly. She was just surprised anybody hit her out of nowhere. Also, typically there were some transplant kids nearby me acting like it was no biggie they acted all nonchalant. No biggie for the transplant hipsters. So I said hi to this other woman who was a normal city person who was watching the whole thing unfold and she at least had a heart and we both admitted things are out of hand violence wise in the city.

Moral or the story is the attackers are more street savvy than us. They know how to sneak around in the shadows so people will not have time to whip out a taser.

Old 03-23-2022, 07:21 PM

794 posts, read 497,272 times
I can't stress enough the great equalizer that is Bear Spray. You can buy it online. It's as effective if not more than pepper spray and can reach 30ft in distance. So, for example, if you're at a red light and the hood rat rolls up next to you in his car with his Texas plates at 1am and then displays a gun, you zap him in a split second from the seat of your car and render him disabled.

I've used it a few times in 2020 during the height of blm riots. Worked wonderfully.

Old 03-23-2022, 07:26 PM

Also about the story above at Grand Central, after watching the woman with a bloody face, when my train arrived the car I first almost got into had a drugged homeless guy laying on the ground of the car in front of the subway door. So the hipster Liberal Progressive kids went in that car and just walked around this guy all nonchalantly like this is just how it is in the big city. Stupid Liberals. So the guy was out like a light laying there On The Ground (looking almost dead) laying In Front of the opening subway door which would block any sensible person from walking in that door, but the trendy Liberals just walked around the guy. So I decided to go in one car down where it was a little safer feeling.

Now I find this other story of a subway attack from today around the same time, which could be overlapping or not. It was some guy attacked in the subway under Bryant Park.

It is just non stop madness and lawlessness down there?

Stay safe people!

Old 03-23-2022, 08:10 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,444,785 times
You can always carry a walking cane with an ice gripper on it. Those are 100% LEGAL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City