Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 06:39 AM

34,181 posts, read 47,478,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
Violence.

It worked for BLM, they got a new federal holiday out of it.
Sorry, I can't agree with violence

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-07-2021, 06:53 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,262,867 times
Violence only works when you are on the Left. The media will portray it as “fighting for equality”, “fighting for justice”, “peaceful protest”, “Americans speaking up”, etc.

If you are on the right, the media will portray you as “domestic terrorism” “white supremacy” “insurrection”, etc. and the dumb public will believe it.

PR makes a big difference and the liberal media is that PR machine.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:36 AM

19,098 posts, read 14,064,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
That's crazy, they left better tap water to pay more for worse tap water
Bwhahaha. Sorry dude, you always have some excuse for staying in the suck.

I don't care if straight diarrhea ran out of every tap in my house. I wouldn't for one second consider moving back to that hellhole.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-07-2021, 09:10 AM

1,588 posts, read 929,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
That's crazy, they left better tap water to pay more for worse tap water
I hear North Korea has excellent tap water from all those frozen lakes, and even better it's "free!" All you have to do is follow every diktat that comes out of the comintern and eat grass all summer to keep your weight in the 90lb range. But you do get very very tasty dog kebabs in the winter.

Old 12-07-2021, 10:00 AM

50,438 posts, read 64,253,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
Violence.

It worked for BLM, they got a new federal holiday out of it.
And designer purses!

Old 12-07-2021, 10:12 AM

10 posts, read 11,310 times
Even though I haven’t been approached about it yet. I am fearful that I could lose my job. I work in retail but I am trying to get into a different career, Pest Control, so I’m wondering what I can do before this “mandate”(hoping it gets shot down by the courts) goes into ‘effect’ on the 27th. Any advice? I don’t have a lot of money to my name and I’m trying to move out on my own but don’t know how this will affect my family altogether if I jump ship so sudden...

Old 12-07-2021, 10:14 AM

15,026 posts, read 12,235,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
NYC voters elected this boob (and others) twice. They want this. Apparently Escape from New York was just a preview of the dystopian future the city would eventually welcome with open arms.
Hopefully New Yorkers will remember this in the event this joker runs for NY guv'ner?

Old 12-07-2021, 10:29 AM

1,083 posts, read 562,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_At_Life View Post
Even though I haven’t been approached about it yet. I am fearful that I could lose my job. I work in retail but I am trying to get into a different career, Pest Control, so I’m wondering what I can do before this “mandate”(hoping it gets shot down by the courts) goes into ‘effect’ on the 27th. Any advice? I don’t have a lot of money to my name and I’m trying to move out on my own but don’t know how this will affect my family altogether if I jump ship so sudden...
Do you mean Pest Control like you'd go into people's homes to spray pesticides? Or a different job in pest control?

If you mean going into people's homes or businesses, I'm guessing that even without a mandate, those companies probably require vaccinations for the employees going into homes/businesses. Have you checked?

Old 12-07-2021, 10:42 AM

10 posts, read 11,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
Do you mean Pest Control like you'd go into people's homes to spray pesticides? Or a different job in pest control?

If you mean going into people's homes or businesses, I'm guessing that even without a mandate, those companies probably require vaccinations for the employees going into homes/businesses. Have you checked?
I’m waiting to hear back from an employer that I was referred by an technician that comes to my store every now and then. That’s one of the things I’m trying to find out. Either way, I’m screwed either way and I’m only in my early 30s. I could find a remote job but other than that, I decided on a career and now it could get screwed over if I don’t manage to move upstate or out of state soon. :-/

Old 12-07-2021, 10:51 AM

6,387 posts, read 13,187,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It really is crazy how much NY has done for NJ property values and our restaurant business.

I bought my house this year at a slightly elevated price, but we're still so far ahead of the game it's not even funny. I was recently telling my agent that the traffic annoys us a little. He immediately replied that he could get us $75,000 more than we paid, 7 months ago. That's nuts.

Now if my ex would just move out of that hell hole...

Same for Long Island. We have ranch homes on busy streets that would usually go for $275 selling for high $400’s. It’s just craziness!!

As for Deblasio, easily to worst Mayor the city has ever seen. And he just keeps digging deeper and deeper. The guy is clueless and really doesn’t get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: