Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 01:27 PM

3,077 posts, read 5,512,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
They aren't conformists. They are tyrants. And their little brownshirt followers are worse because they are why we have these dictators in the first place.
Truth!!’

Old 12-06-2021, 01:55 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,304,423 times
Lead article on online news feed, December 7, 2041, a day that will live in infamy

"An update on the status of the queues for the weekly vaccination. The Federal Board of Health (which has replaced and superseded all local and state departments of health) has announced that due to excessive wait times for the mandatory weekly vaccinations for a myriad of current illnesses, they will be adopting a day of the week schedule for vaccinations.

You will be able to receive your mandatory weekly vaccination only on the day of the week on which you were born. For example, if you were born on a Sunday (doesn't matter what month or year), you will be able to receive your weekly vaccination on Sunday. Those people born on a Monday will be able to receive their weekly vaccination on Monday. And so on.

On those days on which you do not receive a vaccination, you must shelter in place to forestall additional viral mutations. For example, people born on a Sunday will not only be able to receive their weekly vaccination on Sunday, but will also be allowed to shop for any items that might be available at local stores. They must remain at their designated shelter in place location on all other days.

Since there are very few items available in the stores, it is not anticipated that the stores will be crowded.

The Federal Board of Health Chairman, Dr. Fauci, indicated that these are temporary measures necessary to keep the Covid-19 virus contained. He has had a long experience with these diseases and is confident that we are making progress. He looks forward to the day when we can remove our masks and children can return to physical schools."

Old 12-06-2021, 02:11 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,010,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
But what about the gym/fitness centers? sigh.
Been going to gym and for the most part no one is wearing masks on LI for the past 6 month. Guess what. No outbreak.

Old 12-06-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Lead article on online news feed, December 7, 2041, a day that will live in infamy

"An update on the status of the queues for the weekly vaccination. The Federal Board of Health (which has replaced and superseded all local and state departments of health) has announced that due to excessive wait times for the mandatory weekly vaccinations for a myriad of current illnesses, they will be adopting a day of the week schedule for vaccinations.

You will be able to receive your mandatory weekly vaccination only on the day of the week on which you were born. For example, if you were born on a Sunday (doesn't matter what month or year), you will be able to receive your weekly vaccination on Sunday. Those people born on a Monday will be able to receive their weekly vaccination on Monday. And so on.

On those days on which you do not receive a vaccination, you must shelter in place to forestall additional viral mutations. For example, people born on a Sunday will not only be able to receive their weekly vaccination on Sunday, but will also be allowed to shop for any items that might be available at local stores. They must remain at their designated shelter in place location on all other days.

Since there are very few items available in the stores, it is not anticipated that the stores will be crowded.

The Federal Board of Health Chairman, Dr. Fauci, indicated that these are temporary measures necessary to keep the Covid-19 virus contained. He has had a long experience with these diseases and is confident that we are making progress. He looks forward to the day when we can remove our masks and children can return to physical schools."
Try 2024, not 2041

Old 12-06-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Mandate is a 'kinder' word for dictate.
Call it what you will, a mandator is nothing less than a dictator.
I thought we lived in a representative democracy, not a society littered with petty (and not so petty) tyrants.
How is this even suggested without near-universal pushback and moral disgust at the arrogance of such an act?
Shows you how nutless Americans really are.

Old 12-06-2021, 02:33 PM

32,014 posts, read 27,191,473 times
He dood it!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/06/n...-deblasio.html

Old 12-06-2021, 02:47 PM

1,969 posts, read 678,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Shows you how nutless Americans really are.
You have to have some awareness before having some guts. People aren’t even paying attention. Someone told me, today, that Moderna is approved by the FDA!

Old 12-06-2021, 03:00 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,314,959 times
Fatherless beta males running the whole show. They love tidy corporate rules and gossip like women.

Old 12-06-2021, 03:24 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,260,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
You have to have some awareness before having some guts. People aren’t even paying attention. Someone told me, today, that Moderna is approved by the FDA!
And what little they do know are put in their brains by the liberal media.

Old 12-06-2021, 03:30 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,836,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
With a few short weeks left in office
Mayor DeBlasio ,and I believe, as
a life long New Yorker , the worst mayor,
is pushing thru Covid Mandated Vaccination
on the public sector businesses.

So I hear.....

Using the Omicron Variant from Africa as the excuse?
Well excuse me Mr.Mayor. How did it get here?
On an airline? Probably...
Well......only vaccinated people are allowed to board
as far as I know.

Try another excuse..................please.
Thank you, Mr. Mayor, for implementing this. My NJ home value on Zillow just went up another 5k this afternoon. Between that moron and the unelected idiot Kathy Hochul, I am getting wealthier by the day.

I can't wait to cash out and leave this cesspit of an area. I'm so glad I waited and bide my time, deciding whether or not to buy a house in NY. I'm so glad I decided not to, seriously the best decision I've ever made. I'm grateful that my large extended family is just about 100% out of there too. I do feel bad for the freedom-loving Americans left behind. They will soon have no choice but to vote with their feet as well.

People need to stand up and not comply, but unfortunately there's too many people drinking soy lattes and eating $14 avocado toast while masking in between bites, to really take a stand. Most people in NYC nowadays want an authoritarian leader. They voted for one and got it. Back in my day in NYC, people had backbone and you could never tell a NYer what to do.

Doing this with 3 weeks left in office and during the Christmas season, is particularly evil. How many people are going to lose their jobs for Christmas is inconceivable- some estimates have it as 185,000 businesses it will effect. What a damn shame. I used to love my city. I used to love my home state. I used to staycation in Manhattan and spend thousands of dollars every year. Watching what it has become I won't even vacation anywhere in NY anymore. There's so much more freedom and liberty in the rest of America (except California) that NYC isn't even relevant anymore. I'll probably never have any reason to cross the GWB again for as long as I live!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: