Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 03:41 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

It really is crazy how much NY has done for NJ property values and our restaurant business.

I bought my house this year at a slightly elevated price, but we're still so far ahead of the game it's not even funny. I was recently telling my agent that the traffic annoys us a little. He immediately replied that he could get us $75,000 more than we paid, 7 months ago. That's nuts.

Now if my ex would just move out of that hell hole...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-06-2021, 04:31 PM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Don't worry, guys. The rules are simple... if you haven't gotten vaccinated, then please go out and do so. If you have gotten vaccinated, then please go out and get a booster. If you did get a booster, then please go out and get your fourth shot!
Rules, fear, control and power. I have been vaccinated and bolstered and I am DONE! It's a freedom of choice whether to have the vaccination.

Old 12-06-2021, 04:36 PM

75 posts, read 39,770 times
It seems like DeBlasio wants to run businesses out of NYC and destroy the city

Old 12-06-2021, 05:02 PM

1,969 posts, read 675,714 times
Warren Wilhelm the communist mayor of NYC. I wonder how many people think he’s Italian.

Old 12-06-2021, 05:30 PM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Thank you, Mr. Mayor, for implementing this. My NJ home value on Zillow just went up another 5k this afternoon. Between that moron and the unelected idiot Kathy Hochul, I am getting wealthier by the day.

I can't wait to cash out and leave this cesspit of an area. I'm so glad I waited and bide my time, deciding whether or not to buy a house in NY. I'm so glad I decided not to, seriously the best decision I've ever made. I'm grateful that my large extended family is just about 100% out of there too. I do feel bad for the freedom-loving Americans left behind. They will soon have no choice but to vote with their feet as well.

People need to stand up and not comply, but unfortunately there's too many people drinking soy lattes and eating $14 avocado toast while masking in between bites, to really take a stand. Most people in NYC nowadays want an authoritarian leader. They voted for one and got it. Back in my day in NYC, people had backbone and you could never tell a NYer what to do.

Doing this with 3 weeks left in office and during the Christmas season, is particularly evil. How many people are going to lose their jobs for Christmas is inconceivable- some estimates have it as 185,000 businesses it will effect. What a damn shame. I used to love my city. I used to love my home state. I used to staycation in Manhattan and spend thousands of dollars every year. Watching what it has become I won't even vacation anywhere in NY anymore. There's so much more freedom and liberty in the rest of America (except California) that NYC isn't even relevant anymore. I'll probably never have any reason to cross the GWB again for as long as I live!
What an outstanding post. I even tried to refresh the page to give another rep point!

Old 12-06-2021, 05:55 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It really is crazy how much NY has done for NJ property values and our restaurant business.

I bought my house this year at a slightly elevated price, but we're still so far ahead of the game it's not even funny. I was recently telling my agent that the traffic annoys us a little. He immediately replied that he could get us $75,000 more than we paid, 7 months ago. That's nuts.

Now if my ex would just move out of that hell hole...
It’s all over I’m on LI. Since we built the palce will
Go with the date we broke ground not closing date may 2018 I could sell for 250k+ more than I built for. A smaller new build on a same size lot just went for 288k over my price. It’s all NYC buyers.

Old 12-06-2021, 06:01 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
It’s all over I’m on LI. Since we built the palce will
Go with the date we broke ground not closing date may 2018 I could sell for 250k+ more than I built for. A smaller new build on a same size lot just went for 288k over my price. It’s all NYC buyers.
That's crazy, they left better tap water to pay more for worse tap water

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-06-2021, 06:52 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,381 times
The solution is super simple: People just need to tell the mayor to collectively shove it. It doesn't even need to be a high percentage. 45-50% of people/businesses just need to give him the finger and it ends tomorrow. What is he going to do? He can't do anything really. The thing is, the moment people are threatened with a little inconvenience they tuck their tail in between their leg and give in. The NYPD, FDNY, DSNY could have had the city by their testicles but nope. They rolled over like a bunch of cowards. Yet, conservatives want to "Back The Blue", haha.

Either way, once people just defy en masse, we can get on the other side of this TOMORROW.

Old 12-06-2021, 07:01 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
The solution is super simple: People just need to tell the mayor to collectively shove it. It doesn't even need to be a high percentage. 45-50% of people/businesses just need to give him the finger and it ends tomorrow. What is he going to do? He can't do anything really. The thing is, the moment people are threatened with a little inconvenience they tuck their tail in between their leg and give in. The NYPD, FDNY, DSNY could have had the city by their testicles but nope. They rolled over like a bunch of cowards. Yet, conservatives want to "Back The Blue", haha.

Either way, once people just defy en masse, we can get on the other side of this TOMORROW.
Defy en masse? How exactly? For the audience.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-06-2021, 07:16 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post

A mass sickout/protest, organized by social media could do it. You are correct in what you said though. The numbers would not be likely enough though. You have fear plus the bystander effect. People will skip it thinking others will be rearing to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: