Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 06:50 PM

2,514 posts, read 3,069,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Not to put a damper on things, but I absolutely hated the Yule Log presentation on Channel 11. As a kid, I wanted to watch cartoons, but only had a burning log to look at instead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
LOL I remember feeling that way too.

I had mixed emotions about it, could watch for about an hour or so and then ready to switch the channel.

Last edited by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...?; 12-29-2021 at 07:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 04:32 AM

4,210 posts, read 4,111,635 times
Speaking of holiday traditions, many radio stations used to break format and switch to traditional Christmas music after 6 pm on Christmas Eve. That stopped about a dozen years ago and now stations will just play “the best of Mark Levin” during his time slot. Probably a money decision. It’s very hard to find any traditional Christmas music (like “Silent Night” not George Michael’s “Last Christmas”) on the radio on Christmas Eve.

Old 01-05-2022, 07:06 AM

93,904 posts, read 124,640,310 times
Wow, I didn't realize that the hate was that real for the Yule Log, but I understand the reasons given.

Old 01-05-2022, 07:37 AM

8,943 posts, read 4,793,023 times
It's good to have as background while you have friends and family over and everyone's gathering about cooking, eating and catching up. It's not good if you're just plopping yourself down in front of it with nothing else going on unless you just want to zone out or take a nap.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:16 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,142,305 times
Beats having to start a fire, clean up the ashes, and is a better show in widescreen HD than an actual fireplace.

Old 01-05-2022, 04:34 PM

2,450 posts, read 977,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Speaking of holiday traditions, many radio stations used to break format and switch to traditional Christmas music after 6 pm on Christmas Eve. That stopped about a dozen years ago and now stations will just play “the best of Mark Levin” during his time slot. Probably a money decision. It’s very hard to find any traditional Christmas music (like “Silent Night” not George Michael’s “Last Christmas”) on the radio on Christmas Eve.
I prefer a mix of traditional and pop Christmas music. I love the classics and a lot of the newer stuff. During December I liked to listen to Christmas music in the morning on my way to work it would really put me in the Christmas spirit. The last 2 years not so much. Understandably it's been a struggle to have holiday cheer. I am hoping this coming Christmas season will be more like years past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City