Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2022, 12:02 PM

34,177 posts, read 47,465,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
What does "you should do stand up" mean? I mean, what does that mean gramatically? Are you trying to say that I post a lot? Sure, sometimes I do, but I never post anything in support of crime. What suggests that some posters here might be incarcerated is not just the frequency of their posts (lots of frequent retirees here too, certainly), but also the constant pro-crime, pro-decarceration content of their posts.
Can you direct me to these posts where people have stated their appreciation for crime? I'm serious, I would like to see.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,200 posts, read 7,260,424 times
Contributions from many different posters up until a certain moderator shows up. This thread is garbage now. Thanks “mod.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
This thread is garbage now. Thanks “mod.”
Start a new thread, oh I forgot, you don't start threads

Old 01-05-2022, 12:03 PM

8,420 posts, read 4,444,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So what makes America a place where so many people want to commit crime? In your opinion?

Countries with the largest number of prisoners per 100,000 of the national population, as of May 2021

The sub-culture of crime. In a certain subculture, crime is considered more glamorous than any ordinary occupation (which would be just as easy, or even easier, to choose as choosing crime).

Old 01-05-2022, 12:05 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,260,424 times
Quote:
Start a new thread, oh I forgot, you don't start threads
Only if you promise not to trash it, like you do with a lot of the ones you don’t like.

Old 01-05-2022, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Can you direct me to these posts where people have stated their appreciation for crime? I'm serious, I would like to see.

Not appreciation for crime, but constant justification for crime, and implying that criminals should not be incarcerated because "the society" is somehow guilty for the crimes these criminals commit. About 80% of your posts are that way. There are some other posters like that... what is the name of that dude whose posts consist almost entirely of cutting and pasting entire articles from "woke" sources? They let people post from Rikers?

Old 01-05-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I need the cliff notes

Did the signatures work or not?

1. In LA, they did not collect enough signatures by the deadline, so they just re-started collecting signatures by the new deadline.

2. In SF, they collected much more then enough signatures by the deadline. Therefore, the recall vote is scheduled for this June. If the majority votes for recall, SF mayor will immediately appoint a different person for DA in June. If the majority votes against the recall, they will suffer with current DA til the next regular election.

Old 01-05-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Not appreciation for crime, but constant justification for crime, and implying that criminals should not be incarcerated because "the society" is somehow guilty for the crimes these criminals commit. About 80% of your posts are that way. There are some other posters like that... what is the name of that dude whose posts consist almost entirely of cutting and pasting entire articles from "woke" sources? They let people post from Rikers?
I don't think it's so much of a justification. Everything happens for a reason. So what's the reason for crime? Humans just woke up one day and said, "let me do something bad?" I think it's a little more involved than that. Even in your example of Singapore, sure they have caning, but clearly someone was impulsed enough to still throw the gum on the ground, so to speak.

Old 01-05-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I don't think it's so much of a justification. Everything happens for a reason. So what's the reason for crime? Humans just woke up one day and said, "let me do something bad?" I think it's a little more involved than that. Even in your example of Singapore, sure they have caning, but clearly someone was impulsed enough to still throw the gum on the ground, so to speak.

I sometimes have an impulse to strangle someone who annoys me, but I would never, absolutely never act on that impulse :-). If I acted on it, I would certainly be responsible for it - and it would be ME who would be responsible for the deed. All other reasons are irrelevant in establishing responsibility.

Old 01-05-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I sometimes have an impulse to strangle someone who annoys me, but I would never, absolutely never act on that impulse :-). If I acted on it, I would certainly be responsible for it - and it would be ME who would be responsible for the deed. All other reasons are irrelevant in establishing responsibility.
On that note, I wonder why Singapore needs caning then

So to speak, someone still felt it necessary to throw gum

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City