Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 10:12 AM

2,467 posts, read 1,237,767 times

Advertisements

Perhaps more education on the use of space heaters, for people from sub tropical climates?

The whole thing is awful all around, I can't even remember where I put my keys five minutes ago, let alone remember to close my door in a panic situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 11:22 AM

18,492 posts, read 31,709,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Whatever else happened (and it doesn't necessarily sound like good judgment was used with the space heater), I'm sure the dad didn't leave the door open on purpose. He had just yanked his kid from a bed that was on fire.

Im sure he didnt leave it on purpose wither, but none the less, tell that to the relatives of the people that dies.
i know i would not be a hapy camper.

People need to be a little more educated on fire safety while living in these high rise buildings.
Number one thing is, leave the partment, and close the door. this is not the first time a fire happened and a door was left open. A year ago, the boy playing with the stove, first floor, the mother, another brain surgeon, fled the burning apartment, thus leaving her door opened, and 12 people died.
so hello??? people need to wake the hell up already

people lost thier lives here.

But, finally, someone with a brain, was on the news, the tenant looks out the window and tells her BF / husband, whatever, OK, the fire will not get up here. There is conrete between the floors, just put wet towel under the door and remain in the apartment.
She was alive tio tell this. All the other people fled thier apartments and thats why they were overcome by smoke.

Only that one apartment had caught fire, none of the others did, had they all of stayed in thier apartment, they would be alive.

Now, I dont know what you would do if you lived in the apartment directly above and saw flames shooting out the window, I guess youd have no choice to leave, thats a greay area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: