Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 06:47 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,799,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
That building was built in 1972. Should that building have had an auto close on that door?

And buildings like that normally have heat. Was the heat cut off?

And yes, choose your space heater, and place to put it, wisely....!
Adams said they're investigating why the door wasn't an auto close. And nope, the heat wasn't turned off but some want their apt toasty. The father of the unit (duplex) said on tv that he placed the space heater next to his daughter's bed and her mattress caught on fire with her on it. He burned the tip of his nose to rescue her. Get a DeLonghi space heater, don't put it near a mattress (!) and don't plug it to an extension cord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2022, 07:39 PM

3,166 posts, read 2,771,698 times
Space heaters have probably killed nearly as many, if not more, people than home generators.

I don't know what kind of scumbag firefighter wouldn't do his job because he got vaccinated, but I'm sure that wasn't the case here.

So sad to come so soon after the awful Philadelphia fire.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:09 PM

416 posts, read 248,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Space heaters have probably killed nearly as many, if not more, people than home generators.

I don't know what kind of scumbag firefighter wouldn't do his job because he got vaccinated, but I'm sure that wasn't the case here.

So sad to come so soon after the awful Philadelphia fire.
I don't think that's the case anywhere... ever

Old 01-09-2022, 08:54 PM

2,450 posts, read 978,348 times
Bottom line is this. "Adams lied and people died." Mayor Adams short-sightedness killed those children!

Old 01-09-2022, 09:02 PM

1,083 posts, read 561,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Bottom line is this. "Adams lied and people died." Mayor Adams short-sightedness killed those children!
I miss the days when we could blame everything on De Bozo.

Old 01-09-2022, 09:19 PM

73 posts, read 33,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
wat

Old 01-09-2022, 09:21 PM

15,882 posts, read 14,546,979 times
Has anyone seen who actually owns the building? It's some sort of subsidized housing, but it doesn't appear to be NYCHA.

Old 01-09-2022, 09:25 PM

2,450 posts, read 978,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Has anyone seen who actually owns the building? It's some sort of subsidized housing, but it doesn't appear to be NYCHA.
Privately owned but takes a lot of HUD and other welfare recipients.

Old 01-09-2022, 11:01 PM

3,166 posts, read 2,771,698 times
"I don't think that's the case anywhere... ever"

I should hope not. It was some poster further upthread who suggested that somehow a firefighter would be so mad about having to get the COVID vaccine he would not quit his job but would keep it and then not work at it. Somehow it's always the conservatives who REALLY think emergency services personnel have no character at all.

Some of the footage on the news is amazing. Incredible bravery by the FDNY and by residents who helped each other.

Old 01-10-2022, 05:26 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,010,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
"I don't think that's the case anywhere... ever"

I should hope not. It was some poster further upthread who suggested that somehow a firefighter would be so mad about having to get the COVID vaccine he would not quit his job but would keep it and then not work at it. Somehow it's always the conservatives who REALLY think emergency services personnel have no character at all.

Some of the footage on the news is amazing. Incredible bravery by the FDNY and by residents who helped each other.
Again. when you force someone to work more overtime or weekends that's one thing. Forcing someone to inject themselves when they clearly don't want to is totally on another level. It might just make a worker care a lot less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: