Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 05:18 PM

3,499 posts, read 1,744,714 times

Advertisements

Going back to ordering home delivery from Amazon and Costco so I don't have to step one foot in a NY store with maskless customers spreading covid. Good luck small businesses, I hope you don't lose customers, the people I spoke to want the mask mandate to continue in NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 05:49 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
The Sheeple of NYC will still insist on wearing them outside as a status symbol.
See above

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-09-2022, 05:51 PM

2,609 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
See above
It's Scary

Old 02-09-2022, 05:56 PM

2,437 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Going back to ordering home delivery from Amazon and Costco so I don't have to step one foot in a NY store with maskless customers spreading covid. Good luck small businesses, I hope you don't lose customers, the people I spoke to want the mask mandate to continue in NY.
Add some pantyhose to your next Amazon order

https://www.vice.com/en/article/akvn...r-fit-research

Scientists Find Putting Pantyhose on Your Head Makes Your Mask Safer

Old 02-09-2022, 06:17 PM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
Quote:
If you are vaccinated, or wearing mask, probably both, what's to fear?

Old 02-09-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
If you are vaccinated, or wearing mask, probably both, what's to fear?
If I’m the only person wearing a mask in a store or other indoor location, am I really protected from infection?

It’s true that masks work best when everyone in the room is wearing one. That’s because when an infected person wears a mask, a large percentage of their exhaled infectious particles are trapped, stopping viral spread at the source. And when fewer viral particles are floating around the room, the masks others are wearing would likely block those that have escaped.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:33 PM

593 posts, read 470,165 times
The Democrats are beginning to abandon the mask and vaccine mandates. Their internal polling numbers aren't looking good, and people are fed up with it. Hochul abandoned the mask mandate, but unsure where Adams currently stands. Most likely he has his finger to the wind to see which way the polls are trending locally.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:18 PM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
Quote:
If I’m the only person wearing a mask in a store or other indoor location, am I really protected from infection.
If you have been infected, others will be protected. Thank you.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
If you have been infected, others will be protected. Thank you.
So you are saying dropping the mask mandate will put unmasked shoppers in danger of transmission by unmasked, covid carriers, and even the masked shoppers will be in danger of increased viral loads spread around by the unmasked carriers (as the article I posted states), especially if they don't wear the N95 mask.

Your original statement alluded to the fact my mask wearing would protect me from the unmasked covid carriers spreading covid when the mask mandate is dropped today in NY. I guess you are correct since I wear an N95 for better protection, I'm unvaccinated. Shoppers not wearing N95's may not fair so well when the mask mandate is dropped.

I will still go for home food delivery more than I will venture into the stores with the mask mandate dropped.

BTW, the CDC disagrees with dropping the mask mandates saying it's not the right time for it

Old 02-10-2022, 07:20 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
How long do you prefer we all wear conformity diapers so that you feel comfortable?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City