Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 03:13 PM

34,125 posts, read 47,349,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
"But Ms. Dominick, an administrative assistant at a foster care agency"

So who do you expect to work this type of job in NYC, and for what pay? Kids can't do it because they're in school, and retirees are retired. Maybe the employer should make the job temporary too, like 5 years max, so that young adults don't stay in the same type of job forever, and give more young adults a chance.
^

Why I am I not surprised nobody responded to my post

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 03:14 PM

1,075 posts, read 552,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
You misinterpreted me. I am agreeing with you and disagreeing with the person who has a problem with having long-term tenants in NYCHA.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:29 PM

593 posts, read 471,370 times
At this point, NYCHA should probably just not charge any rent. What percentage of the overall budget was funded by rent payments? Many lower-income working people were disproportionately affected by the lockdowns, as they couldn't work remotely.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:37 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,303,268 times
Quote:
"But Ms. Dominick, an administrative assistant at a foster care agency"

So who do you expect to work this type of job in NYC, and for what pay? Kids can't do it because they're in school, and retirees are retired. Maybe the employer should make the job temporary too, like 5 years max, so that young adults don't stay in the same type of job forever, and give more young adults a chance.
There are thousands of other city jobs. She should use her experience to move up/around her agency or to other agencies. She lacks ambition.

When I moved here LESS THAN 25 years ago from a third world country I was making minimum wage working in retail. I could have found a way to get on welfare and called it a day.

I lived in the hood. Sent myself to CUNY. Applied for better paying jobs. Had a plan. Now I earn a comfortable living and I am a home owner. I have many friends and family with the same life experience as me.

She sat in public housing for 25 YEARS preventing other families from being able to access scarce housing and have the nerve to not pay her super cheap rent on top of it. Such a waste of space.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:49 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,265,775 times
Quote:
^

Why I am I not surprised nobody responded to my post

..because you make zero sense? I don't subscribe to the fantasy that business owners/the wealthy are "job creators" but I also.font subscribe to he fantasy that "without low wage workers society would collapse".

Old 02-09-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
You all can try to find people to be mad at instead of fixing your own lives all you want, but when your parents need someone to wipe their asses, the person doing it instead of you will likely be living in public housing.
Guess what. If the city didn't fund these schemes with taxpayer money, people would figure out how to take care of their parents.

How did the world function before all of these taxpayer funded schemes.

Even 20 years ago, home care aids were very rare. How did people get by?

Old 02-09-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
There are thousands of other city jobs. She should use her experience to move up/around her agency or to other agencies. She lacks ambition.

When I moved here LESS THAN 25 years ago from a third world country I was making minimum wage working in retail. I could have found a way to get on welfare and called it a day.

I lived in the hood. Sent myself to CUNY. Applied for better paying jobs. Had a plan. Now I earn a comfortable living and I am a home owner. I have many friends and family with the same life experience as me.

She sat in public housing for 25 YEARS preventing other families from being able to access scarce housing and have the nerve to not pay her super cheap rent on top of it. Such a waste of space.
So when she moves to the city job, who takes her spot and for how much compensation? That's what I'm asking. I'm not asking about her ability to secure other employment.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:14 PM

Quote:
So when she moves to the city job, who takes her spot and for how much compensation? That's what I'm asking. I'm not asking about her ability to secure other employment.
Another person who wants a fake job? Work an hour pushing a few papers, get paid like you work an hour pushing a few papers.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Another person who wants a fake job? Work an hour pushing a few papers, get paid like you work an hour pushing a few papers.
What made you call the job fake?

Old 02-09-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
What made you call the job fake?
What would you know or not know about fake jobs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City