Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2022, 10:20 AM

5,804 posts, read 2,930,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Philosopher View Post
Can you imagine if most of the perpetrators of these attacks on Asians were white instead of black? The news media would have a field day. We would be looking at wall to wall coverage of these attacks on CNN and MSNBC.
Modern day reparation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 10:37 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
True, but what he says is valid. Go out late, there's risks. To reduce risk, try to avoid being out late. It's common sense for life in any city.
Oh stop crime can happen at any time. My neighbor got attacked at 2pm. Does that mean they should just never leave their apartment?

Old 02-16-2022, 12:04 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,299,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Philosopher View Post
This type of thing will keep happening because most politicians that are democrats will continue to be soft on crime to get votes from blacks and voters in New York are too brainwashed to realize that being soft on crime is not progress, it's just plain stupid.
I do not understand WHY and HOW soft on criminals became the defacto rallying cry to get votes and appeal to the masses. NO ONE ever said "I like when I am a victim of a crime and the perp is not held accountable/jailed." EVER!!"

So who are these idiots who think creating crime infested neighborhoods and cities are good campaign platforms? I just do not understand it. I think the democrats and their voters have done such a great job with convincing their targeted voters that to vote Republican is to send yourself to a plantation for free labor that voters just vote down the ticket, no matter the policies of that official running for office.

I am Queen Karen when it comes on to crime in my neighborhood. I am calling the police. I am taking photos , I am taking videos. I had the neighborhood police cops cellphone number. I am not here for that nonsense. One politician was canvassing our neighborhood and came with his criminal justice reform platform and we let him have an earful.

Everyone wants to feel safe and live in a civilized orderly society.

Bragg is a complete failure. NYC has some of the most incompetent judges who rule based on political biases rather than the letter of the law.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:06 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
I do not understand WHY and HOW soft on criminals became the defacto rallying cry to get votes and appeal to the masses. NO ONE ever said "I like when I am a victim of a crime and the perp is not held accountable/jailed." EVER!!"

So who are these idiots who think creating crime infested neighborhoods and cities are good campaign platforms? I just do not understand it. I think the democrats and their voters have done such a great job with convincing their targeted voters that to vote Republican is to send yourself to a plantation for free labor that voters just vote down the ticket, no matter the policies of that official running for office.

I am Queen Karen when it comes on to crime in my neighborhood. I am calling the police. I am taking photos , I am taking videos. I had the neighborhood police cops cellphone number. I am not here for that nonsense. One politician was canvassing our neighborhood and came with his criminal justice reform platform and we let him have an earful.

Everyone wants to feel safe and live in a civilized orderly society.

Bragg is a complete failure. NYC has some of the most incompetent judges who rule based on political biases rather than the letter of the law.
White Guilt

Old 02-16-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
I don't like to victim blame here. But there are a number of lessons to be learned.

1. Don't arrive home so late - 430 AM in the victim's case - by yourself.
2. No toxicology test done by the coroner but it is likely that the victim arriving home that late on a weekend was probably intoxicated and thus not fully aware of her surroundings.
3. CLOSE THE MAIN DOOR after entering the building. I ALWAYS do this myself. The landlord explained the door is solid steel and very heavy to open. BEFORE using your key to open the door, QUICKLY glance around your area to see if anyone is watching. Then do not open the door fully but enough to slip in then IMMEDIATELY close it shut so that you can hear the latch click.

I realize some of this may sound like Monday Morning quarterbacking but there are valuable lessons to be learned from this tragedy.

STOP victim blaming. NYC is a 24 hr city. There are many people who work at odd hours of the night. It is a winter night. Anyone should be free to wear whatever they want, whenever they want. Why do we even need to live behind steel doors?

I have walked the streets of many international cities (and even used stumble home from the clubs in NYC) at odd hours of the morning.
Bar hopping/clubbing and came home intoxicated. Never once felt unsafe. The fact that I need to operate like a ninja when entering my place of residence or walking around in a city is absurd.

They need to sterilize these chronically violent criminals. Institutionalize the mentally ill. Prosecute all others, to include financial restitution to the victims. Mandatory birth control for people on welfare. After one child if you still aren't able to provide for yourself and the one spawn you should not be allowed to have another. These ghetto losers inability to keep their legs closed is unleashing terror onto society.

NYC has spiraled down into the good old days that people longed for I guess. Are the hookers back in Times Square?

Old 02-16-2022, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
White Guilt
But how does that help black folks? That position is inherently racist. They are assuming that black people have a desire (or only deserve )to live in crime infested neighborhood?

Old 02-16-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoppressedracist View Post
Yet he punches a commuter because they swiped their friend in?
He does not want competition. That reduces the number of people he can sell swipes to.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:30 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
But how does that help black folks? That position is inherently racist. They are assuming that black people have a desire (or only deserve )to live in crime infested neighborhood?
Bingo, welcome to a key plank in the Democrat platform since the 60's.

Old 02-16-2022, 06:18 PM

602 posts, read 312,880 times
Memorial for NYC stabbing victim Christina Yuna Lee vandalized

https://nypost.com/2022/02/16/memori...nt-vandalized/

Old 02-16-2022, 06:22 PM

6,637 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
Memorial for NYC stabbing victim Christina Yuna Lee vandalized

https://nypost.com/2022/02/16/memori...nt-vandalized/
Quote:
He said he didn’t report the vandalism to cops.

“What’s the point?” he questioned

Need some cameras out there.

What a low life edgelord to do something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City