Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 08:51 PM

206 posts, read 117,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I watch the Active Self Protection Channel on YouTube- the guy who hosts it is very well versed in self defense- but does anyone here know how to fight against an attack like that from the moment she started to climb up the stairs and forward? How can one even fight that? I mean she was trapped the moment she started climbing the stairs. Personally, I would’ve knocked very hard at a few peoples apartments on my way up - but wouldn’t have opened or gone into mine.
I think she should have went to get the knife in her kitchen. Instead the bad guy got it and used it on her. Always try to get an advantage somehow.

The problem started when she didn't notice the guy following her. Always be aware of your surroundings, especially in rat city aka nyc of 2022.

If she had better awareness maybe she could have closed the door to the building behind her before he got in.

It's all arm chair I'm doing but to run these scenarios in your mind and perhaps physically in a drill (krac maga) may help someone in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 08:53 PM

5,759 posts, read 2,662,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Crime statistics show exactly who you should avoid in order to remain safe, yet many people live like moths flitting around a burning flame.

Get away from the predators! As a multitude of recent stories proves, they will kill you!

I taught in an inner-city school for more than 30 years and I know what I am talking about.

I spent the first half of my career thinking I was going to help misguided ghetto teenagers towards successful lives, then spent the rest of those years with the realization that most did not want to change. They reveled in the thug life! Welfare, single motherhood, gangs, violence, et al.

One of my retirement goals was to move where predators don't live. I came to Maui and have enjoyed the safety it provides for the past 8 years.

Now, they are now starting to show up here.
What does this have to deal with the woman being murdered?

Last edited by 90sSitcom; 02-14-2022 at 09:09 PM..

Old 02-14-2022, 08:58 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,249,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
What are you talking about? They caught the perp red handed (indeed, his hands were still covered in sticky blood).
Yes they did and he finally committed a crime that wokesters find worthy of a prison sentence after a lifetime of trying.

Old 02-14-2022, 09:02 PM

602 posts, read 317,117 times
Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Jay Weiner granted the district attorney’s request to remand Assamad Nash, 25, who was charged with murdering the 35-year-old creative producer and leaving her butchered inside her bathtub after following her home early Sunday.

Prosecutors also charged Nash with sexually motivated burglary – shedding light on a potential motive in the grisly crime.

While arguing the government’s case, Assistant District Attorney Dafna Yoran said Nash attempted to deter police from entering Yuna Lee’s apartment by imitating a woman’s voice.

“We don’t need the police here – go away,” Nash told police, according to Yoran, as he barricaded himself inside the apartment for roughly an hour-and-a-half before NYPD’s Emergency Service Unit busted the door down.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/14/chinat...over-40-times/

Old 02-14-2022, 09:06 PM

6,390 posts, read 4,861,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
She was attacked and murdered by a predator but cautioning readers to avoid predators is not pertinent to this story?

Old 02-14-2022, 09:11 PM

Quote:
She was attacked and murdered by a predator but cautioning readers to avoid predators is not pertinent to this story?
You can't avoid predators if you live a life outside a box. They are everywhere.

Old 02-14-2022, 09:23 PM

Quote:
You can't avoid predators if you live a life outside a box. They are everywhere.
There are more than a dozen entire states which have less than 100 murders per year. Some Cities get that many in a month.

My point is that you can choose to live in places which are statistically safer than others.

If you don't agree, then so be it.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-us-by-state/

Old 02-14-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:
There are more than a dozen entire states which have less than 100 murders per year. Some Cities get that many in a month.

My point is that you can choose to live in places which are statistically safer than others.

If you don't agree, then so be it.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-us-by-state/
keep drinking your cool-aid.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. This woman was murdered due to a disturbed career criminal man being released on the streets.

Old 02-14-2022, 09:43 PM

Quote:
keep drinking your cool-aid.
You too. Happy Valentine's Day!

Old 02-14-2022, 10:06 PM

6,698 posts, read 6,075,601 times
Quote:
The victim has sadly passed away. Unfortunately, there is nothing else to be done as far as her life is concerned. But I thought that this thread can be made more beneficial if it also included the topic of self defense - especially for women who live alone. I think at this point, crime in this city has gotten way out of hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City