Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 06:20 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
There's no crisis. Mentally ill individuals used to be dealt with and kept away from society.

Now, they roam free. Mentally ill doesn't mean stupid. Even the mentally ill realize when they have more freedom to operate and when they don't. When society keeps them in check it's also good for them because it keeps their impulsive behavior to a minimum.

I'm sure for many mentally ill homeless in NYC, the daily or regular interaction with cops/authorities was actually appreciated. It was probably the most human contact/imtercation they had.

The hands off approach just lets them rot in the streets and their demons take over more than usual.
You and I have a very similar take on the changes that need to be made relative to the mentally ill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 06:23 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
They're not from NYC. The woke Asians are all ABCs from CA.

The immigrant Asians don't buy into this nonesense.
I know of no Asians in any state who are supportive of crime and criminals whether the criminals are Black or not. Where have you seen Asians supportive of criminality?

Old 02-14-2022, 07:24 PM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I find this aspect disturbing also. He was no doubt very quiet also or she had headphones in. Steps and noise echo in buildings like that.

I have been going outside more on my shift and looking up and down the block when residents are returning home now since this story.

I dont think anyone living in this city should be walking around unarmed. Especially women. Its clear whos being most targeted. But the head on a swivel is best. I think we all have looked at somone and got that feeling of danger. It can go a long way.
The killer is clearly not all mentally there but by creeping up the stairs like he did, he knew what he was doing. I believe he went after her because she appeared to be an easy prey - not necessarily because she was Asian. Just like that other young woman who worked at Burger King and who herself had a bad vibe when she was asked to work late shifts. Unfortunately, she sensed right and was killed by another savage.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/09/teen-g...ger-king-cops/

Old 02-14-2022, 07:25 PM

6 posts, read 2,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Words of gold Airborne, wish I could rep you again!

Old 02-14-2022, 07:38 PM

593 posts, read 470,165 times
This is a horrible tragedy. How many more people of achievement must be sacrificed on the altar of these public policies? I could list all the victims' names but why bother at this point.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:09 PM

1,055 posts, read 546,048 times
Reported on the 10 o'clock news. Charged with murder, burglary and burglary with a sexual motive. Victim was stabbed 40 times.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:10 PM
PVW

287 posts, read 164,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Damn so she was still alive when cops got there.
I suppose they could have blasted through the door Dirty Harry style, but then who wants to take the heat for that.
They interviewed the building owner--

'We have such tight security in this building we have steel doors,' Chin said. 'It took a swat team over 10 minutes to gain access. These doors are designed to keep monsters out.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-creative.html

https://nypost.com/2022/02/13/woman-...ment-cops-say/

Old 02-14-2022, 08:18 PM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
I watch the Active Self Protection Channel on YouTube- the guy who hosts it is very well versed in self defense- but does anyone here know how to fight against an attack like that from the moment she started to climb up the stairs and forward? How can one even fight that? I mean she was trapped the moment she started climbing the stairs. Personally, I would’ve knocked very hard at a few peoples apartments on my way up - but wouldn’t have opened or gone into mine.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:40 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
So sad.. the politicians who signed for bail reform should be locked up. It's their fault this woman was murdered.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:46 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Crime statistics show exactly who you should avoid in order to remain safe, yet many people live like moths flitting around a burning flame.

Get away from the predators! As a multitude of recent stories prove, they will kill you!

I taught in an inner-city school for more than 30 years and I know what I am talking about.

I spent the first half of my career thinking I was going to help misguided ghetto teenagers towards successful lives, then spent the rest of those years with the realization that most did not want to change. They reveled in the thug life! Welfare, single motherhood, gangs, violence, et al.

One of my retirement goals was to move where predators don't live. I came to Maui and have enjoyed the safety it provides for the past 8 years.

Now, they are now starting to show up here.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 02-14-2022 at 08:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City